ok, so my dad is in LA going to different guitar centers looking for a deal on the vox ac30...but the best he can get is tax cut...so I was wondering what is better, a vox ac 30 alone, or a fender hot rod deluxe/deville and maybe a guitar (a mim telecaster)
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
What do you play?

What guitars do you have now?

I'd just take the AC30

Don't be afraid to go used.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
my dad wont buy it (with my money) if it is used, and I dont blame him, he says that if it breaks it has nor warrantee and even though I save 200 dollars on it, it isnt worth it...I play rock, pop punk/punk...

edit: I have the worst guitars right now, I have an epi special II (les paul), wich sadly is better than my other guitar, a very cheap strat copy...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Just buy the AC30 .
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
go for a mim guitar with upgraded pickups if necessary rather than standard. how much power from the amp do you need?
Quote by the.spine.surfs

But really, asking the pit for relationship advice is like asking a girl with braces for a blowjob. Ouch.

Quote by Lil Macker
i first masterbated when i was... 10, i think
or was it 9...
yeah 10
and i'm catholic, don't tell the pope, i'll be holy watered
if u have a horrible guitar get the tele and the hot rod deluxe because I heard that its an amazing amp. And teles are great guitars.
You can always get your guitar set up by a luthier and throw some new pickups, pots, and hardware into it to turn it into something awesome.
Quote by utsapp89
ahh!! I dont know what I am going to do...in what if I bought the fender hot rod I would also be able to get an od pedal...and like I said before if I bought the vox I would just get the amp itself. as far as how loud do I need it, I need it to go over drums, I would prefer no less than 30 watts...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
you could get an od but it comes with a footswitch, I'd recomment ts-9 tubescream or boss od-3.
yeah but I have heard that the over drive on the fender amps arent very good...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
hot rod plus ts9 tubescreamer plus a tele = awesome. the amp is 600, pedal is 100, and tele between 4-700. try to negotiate the price down. best bet is to get good pickups in the tele to reduce noise.
Quote by the.spine.surfs

But really, asking the pit for relationship advice is like asking a girl with braces for a blowjob. Ouch.

Quote by Lil Macker
i first masterbated when i was... 10, i think
or was it 9...
yeah 10
and i'm catholic, don't tell the pope, i'll be holy watered
Quote by fifer
my dad wont buy it (with my money) if it is used, and I dont blame him, he says that if it breaks it has nor warrantee and even though I save 200 dollars on it, it isnt worth it...I play rock, pop punk/punk...

edit: I have the worst guitars right now, I have an epi special II (les paul), wich sadly is better than my other guitar, a very cheap strat copy...

Jeez....back in the old days we used to do this thing called "fixing" stuff
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
yeah and fixing stuff will probably end up costing the same as if I had just bought a new one at first...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
I really feel like if I dont get a better deal than $1000, then I am going to get the fender...I will probably end up regreting getting the fender, but then again I will probably regret geting a vox without a guitar anyways...so either way, but I do need an amp/guitar..
Quote by RetroGunslinger
also I would like to be able to do some good old blues on the amp, which sounds more bluesy??
Quote by RetroGunslinger
I'd just get the AC30 but i dont have much experience with crappy guitars (im very lucky and got a strat given to me by my uncle). But if its tone you want the amp will do so much more. Another option is a peavey classic series or something along those lines and a new guitar.
dang I dont know what I am going to do
Quote by RetroGunslinger
how about the fender blues deluxe?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
just wondering, can the vox do any hard rock?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
yeah that sounds awesome! but I really want a new guitar too...how low would guitarcenter go for a vox ac30 and a fender standard telecaster (mim)?
Quote by RetroGunslinger