After seeing this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8m8fbnShPcw

I've decided it would be kind of cool to make a cab out of these kinds of speakers. I was wondering, though, what would the resistance be on that kind of speaker? I don't have funds or means to get meters to check it, but i was wondering 1) what would the resistance be and 2) how would you wire these into a 2 speaker cab (like whats a positive or negative terminal on teh speaker how to wire in series/parallel or whatever)?
Have you tried to make one of those speakers yet? I don't see how that could work... I'm quite sure its fake. Try to make one before you worry about the other stuff to see if its even real.

This Guy is Stupid.
|
\/
i want to try it now.

with a ruby amp i might make.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
It looks like Bullshit,

and it smells like Bullshit,

so I don't need to taste it to know that it is Bullshit.

Do any of you?

lol @ how many people have broken perfectly good headphones to use the cable for this.

I wonder how many audio devices were ruined my having the output shorted, as well.

... and the amount of frustration felt by people when none of them could get this to work.

I still believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy, but I DON'T believe in this. Does that make it any clearer for you?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I can see somebody plugging a tube amp into this and being stunned when they blow their output transformer from shorting the hot and ground.
Idiots.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
heh yeah i realized shortly afterwards that this isn't gonna work..
damn, I'm stupid. Oh well. Good thing i didn't try wiring that to anything.

Anyways....
http://www.josepino.com/circuits/index.php?howto-speaker.jpc
could using those principles make a viable speaker for a cab? (obviously not gonna use plastic cups as real speakers--just wondering if homemade speakers along those lines would be workable)
Quote by its irrelevant
heh yeah i realized shortly afterwards that this isn't gonna work..
damn, I'm stupid. Oh well. Good thing i didn't try wiring that to anything.

Anyways....
http://www.josepino.com/circuits/index.php?howto-speaker.jpc
could using those principles make a viable speaker for a cab? (obviously not gonna use plastic cups as real speakers--just wondering if homemade speakers along those lines would be workable)
The cup is not the speaker itself, it's a "horn" to acoustically amplify the sound.

Yes, it should work. But consider things like this as pleasant toys to play with. You're not likely to improve on or even rival the quality of a factory produced speaker with one made from things in your kitchen.

btw, the link at the end of that page you linked to seems like a better choice.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
It looks like Bullshit,

and it smells like Bullshit,

so I don't need to taste it to know that it is Bullshit.

Do any of you?

lol @ how many people have broken perfectly good headphones to use the cable for this.

I wonder how many audio devices were ruined my having the output shorted, as well.

... and the amount of frustration felt by people when none of them could get this to work.

I still believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy, but I DON'T believe in this. Does that make it any clearer for you?

hmm well i had a pair of airplane headphones that i needed to do something with... lol now i feel really dumb