I've been figuring out the new Arch Enemy song and I'm lost as to what key the song is in. The song would be in E major if it weren't for 2 notes that are changed(F and G). Yet the next riff is in G major as it is played over the first riff mentioned. Any ideas on how to figure out the key.
it could change keys, its not an odd thing. I havent heard the specific song though
Tool kicks ass
F natural so I'd say the first riff is in F minor then as it doesn't fit F major key signature.
I would understand if the song changed keys but how would that explain the second riff that comes in and is played in G Major above F Minor?
Last edited by SixStringSicko at Nov 8, 2007,
It's possible it doesn't start on the note that is the key. Are you looking at the tabs for it or sheet music??
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
i havent heard the song before but who said it has to be a song in minor or major? there are plenty of other scales out there.
If it's not too much trouble, can you tell me the notes your playing?
Or just tell me the song name so I can listen to it?
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
The notes, are F, G, A, B, C#, D#, E in the main riff, and G, A,B,C,D,E,F# (G major) for the riff played above the main riff.
That's confusing to my 2 month theory knowledge.

The main riff sounds like it's based offa some kind of mode or something. Cause it's not major or minor with C# and D# but not F# or G#...

The main riff is in G major though, yeah...
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
That's confusing to my 2 month theory knowledge.

The main riff sounds like it's based offa some kind of mode or something. Cause it's not major or minor with C# and D# but not F# or G#...

The main riff is in G major though, yeah...

Exactly my thought's. I'm thinking its a mode too. Well, guess I better dig out the old theory book.
Quote by SixStringSicko
Exactly my thought's. I'm thinking its a mode too. Well, guess I better dig out the old theory book.

I only know dorian, lydian, mixolydian, and phrygian, and from what I can tell, it's not any of them...I'ma kick myself if it is.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
Well, I'm going over the modes of F right now. Closet I've come to the riff is F Locrian or Phrygian.
That looks like a whole tone scale (with the e thrown in extra), going into G Major
Last edited by kyrreca at Nov 8, 2007,
Oo? I'm not familiar with the Whole tone scale.

Edit, checked it out. I'd say you're right.
MAN!!!

I was on the page looking at modes and I say whole ton and said, nah, that can't be it. Heh heh..

Well, I guess I should learn the whole and half tones now...
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
whats the song?

EDIT: nvm i found... whats wrong with that girls voice?
Last edited by Lumberjackted7 at Nov 8, 2007,
Quote by kyrreca
That looks like a whole tone scale (with the e thrown in extra), going into G Major

/thread.

EDIT: Now that I clicked the link, and listened to the video, it seems to just be F minor (with a D thrown into the fourth chord, making it a Bb major rather than minor.)

The lead's also in F minor.

(These statements are assuming you mean the first part of the song, and that my guitar is tuned to standard.)

EDIT AGAIN:

At the end of the verse, it kinda switches to Melodic Minor.

Overall key = F minor.
Last edited by I floss daily at Nov 8, 2007,
bump
radiantmoon is the toughest person I know. He inflects a sense of impending doom upon any who look upon his stone-chiseled face. The children run out of fear, while the men run for they know that the stories are true.
Which Arch Enemy song is it??? I love them!

I saw them live about a month ago with Machine Head, it fvcking rocked!
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!