I don't really get what the difference is between these different models with a year slapped on em. Anyone care to explain?
i was wondering that too actually
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

Usually it's a different neck and pickups, sometimes it's other little things too
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
other than history lived, longevity, and hard to get, i dont see a difference either....
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1 (moDE)

Ibanez Electro-Acustic

Zoom G2.1u

Roland Cube 60
Vox AD50VT 2x12

And A Great Passion!

Best Spanish Rock Band IS and WILL always be "Heroes Del Silencio"!!!!!
I think the 50's telecasters were mostly ash instead of alder. Though i'm not sure about that...

Also the neck shapes may be different.

Outside of guitar specs, with years the factories and build quality of a guitar can also change...
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Well, we have a Telecaster thread here. Dig that up, they should be able to help you.

And, well, I know the 70s model had humbuckers.....difference is probably stuff like pickup configuration, neck shape, headstock shape, body wood, etc.....
Are you talking about the MIM Classic Series or guitars actually manufactured during the 50s/60s/70s? If you're talking about the current Classic Series then the necks are the biggest differences among the years beside cosmetics. Check the specs on fender.com to be sure though
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...