Hi, I am thinking of purchasing one of these. Not as my primary amp, but just as a little practice tool. I find I cannot play guitar loudly in my house and I don't really want to plug headphones in my main amp (Vox Valvetronix) because I would like to go from room to room and even practice in areas other than my house(school, friends houses) I am looking to just use some headphones for the Pocket Pod and just have the option of portability. Is this an alright idea? Is it worth the money? Thanks,
Be cool.
I find the clean models to be quite nice, and you can dial in usable crunch, but anything "metal" sounds like a dying giraffe on the pocket pod, predictably. So if that's what you're planning to use it for, then it might not be the best idea.

Otherwise, it's awesome for latenight headphone practice, and it's fairly cheap too.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
I find the clean models to be quite nice, and you can dial in usable crunch, but anything "metal" sounds like a dying giraffe on the pocket pod, predictably. So if that's what you're planning to use it for, then it might not be the best idea.

Otherwise, it's awesome for latenight headphone practice, and it's fairly cheap too.

Do you know how much they are in Canadian dollars from Long and McQuade? Thats where I am planning to buy it from.
Be cool.
I'll vouch for the Danelectro Honeytone as a practice tool. looks cool, sounds good, I'm lovin' it.

Haven't heard much about the POD, but take a look at the Honeytone and other practice amps first. Keep all options open.
Quote by Wulver
I'll vouch for the Danelectro Honeytone as a practice tool. looks cool, sounds good, I'm lovin' it.

Haven't heard much about the POD, but take a look at the Honeytone and other practice amps first. Keep all options open.

Well, I was kind of looking at the Pod because it has all the cool effects and amp models, plus I think it is more versatile. But the honeytone looks pretty cool.
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
Do you know how much they are in Canadian dollars from Long and McQuade? Thats where I am planning to buy it from.

I think it was $169 last time I was at L&M a couple weeks back. Which - as usually - is a ripoff, I got mine on ebay for something like USD130 shipped.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
I think it was $169 last time I was at L&M a couple weeks back. Which - as usually - is a ripoff, I got mine on ebay for something like USD130 shipped.

Yeah, that is a ripoff. I was hoping it would at the most be $150.
Be cool.
Just hit ebay, they're CAD120 plus another 20-25 to ship. Comes down to your 150.

Oh, want mine? I don't use it so much since I put a JCM halfstack in my office.