Page 1 of 2
anyone a beast on guitar but sucks at life on guitar hero?
i kno i do
i couldnt do freebird on medium but on easy i almost failed the song 7 times

how sad.....*cries*
yeah man couldnt keep it together with foo fighters on medium either!!
my gear:
jackson dk2m
ibanez grg170dx.
peavey vyper 15
warwick corvette 5 string
ashdown 5 15
I used to be amazing when number 1 came out. Then it got harder with II and III and now I'd rather play real guitar rather than spend hours practicing the game. But it is fun when you're with friends and drunk or high or whatever you like to do.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
I just watched the Guitar Hero episode of South Park, and Randy Marsh's first encounter with the game was quite similar to mine.
my friend is amazing at guitar and blows at guitar hero
SHOWBREAD

Quote by cheese_weasel
Winner of the intellectual comment of the day award.
I'm ok at guitar, and have 7 songs left on GH3 expert lol. Harder than gh2 imo. I hope its not one of those inverse effects!

oh and my friend who's really good at guitar is also really good at GH since he practices both.
My friends own it, I can get 5 stars on any given song on medium but I always fail miserably on hard.
I destroy at real guitar. but when I play GH, its only on medium.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
i played rock band at school today. (they were promoting at our school.)

i played Dani California. i got owned... the falling dots aren't in sync with the guitar. it sucked.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I have guitar hero, but I'm not that good. I can play a lot of songs on hard, but not all. I usually get sick of it and just want to play real guitar.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Quote by kyrreca
I just watched the Guitar Hero episode of South Park, and Randy Marsh's first encounter with the game was quite similar to mine.

Lol same...
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
i am kind of good at guitar hero(i can do beast and the harlot at expert),
and on guitar, i am kind of an intermediate player(only 9 months playing)
Quote by gibsonpenguin
C'mon guys. Real guitar is for old people, Guitar Hero is where it's at.

lol..id love it to be able to play surfing with the alien on a real guitar extremely accurate and well....straight after some noob does it on hard on GH...which guy would you rather be ? id rather rip it up in real real life.
Its fun, but I think expert has gone a little overboard. I can play Raining Blood pretty well on a guitar, but I cant get halfway through it on Guitar Hero. Same with One, I can play it decently on guitar, but Ive only beaten it once on Expert in GH3. And they make Slipknot hard as ****! that Before I Forget song is nearly impossible for me!
I hate GH! South Park pretty much sums up my life with me and my friends who play GH, ha. I'm Randy, my friends are Stan, Kyle and Cartman haha
I've beaten GH3 on Expert, only 5 songs left to 5 star. Guitar Hero 2 was actually part of my decision to start learning real guitar, so it's not all bad.

As a side note GH3 is pretty retarded in terms of difficulty. Some songs are MUCH, MUCH harder than they should be because the people at Neversoft who make the note charts got really carried away with making everything artificially difficult.
It's a game of rhythm and less about playing guitar.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
yea i can do all the songs on #2 on medium...but anything above that i suck...but at same time im certaintly not a beast on real guitar either, lol.....my boss has a real guitar too, been tryin to get em to give it a shot....but he's hooked on the stupid vid game and wont even try....wuss.
I absolutley HATE guitar hero. I do play it sometimes at a friends house when me and my frined get bored of whatever we're doing. I am terrible, but i dont fail in medium songs.
Epiphone LP Cust. w/ SD '59 neck and Cust. 5 bridge
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
ElectroHarmonix Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
ElectroHarmonix Small Clone
We roll tonight, To the guitar bite
yea i dont have either, play at friends....go over their for poker night, they basically try to go out early so they can try to be rockstars on guitar hero 2, look like zombies starin at screen thinkin theyre rockin out, haha
I think some of the songs on Guitar hero are much harder than they
are to play for real.

Does anybody else hate how you were playing through Guitar Hero 3
the first time and killing a song...only to be thrown a curveball at the end?

like.. . o O ( Where da F%<k did that sequence come from!? ]

thats sucks..lol

Sometimes i cant stand it when i have to play notes at lightning speed
that i just hammer on and pull of in real life.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Quote by thetoastinator
And they make Slipknot hard as ****! that Before I Forget song is nearly impossible for me!

If that's a slipknot sucks joke it's not funny. They're music is pretty complicated. Most people are just too ignorant to realize it.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by Ardie12
Screw Guitar hero try Heroine Hero (from south park)

"You could say it's the ultimate first person shooter..."
Quote by pinkhaze29
YOU

ARE

FAGS.

XD

Anyway... yes, I suck at it.

lmao
that was so funny
awesum episode last night
Quote by MESAexplorer
If that's a slipknot sucks joke it's not funny. They're music is pretty complicated. Most people are just too ignorant to realize it.

Look up the tab for Before I Forget. Its in drop B, and it mainly goes
F#-0p2-0p2-3p2-3p2
B-0p2-0p2-3p2-3p2

And its all just drop 1 finger powerchords. I know that they have some complex stuff, like the solos in Vol. 3, but that one is just pretty easy.
Wrong forum...

Anyway, not really, I find myself ok at Guitar Hero. I can do hard pretty well but I havent tried Expert yet. (This is all on II I havent got III yet)
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
Quote by thetoastinator
Its fun, but I think expert has gone a little overboard. I can play Raining Blood pretty well on a guitar, but I cant get halfway through it on Guitar Hero. Same with One, I can play it decently on guitar, but Ive only beaten it once on Expert in GH3. And they make Slipknot hard as ****! that Before I Forget song is nearly impossible for me!

yeah, considering that's actually a fairly easy song in real life.

I can't get into guitar hero anymore, it just feels too cheap, plus I only like half the songs on the games anyways.
Quote by canoshiz
As a side note GH3 is pretty retarded in terms of difficulty. Some songs are MUCH, MUCH harder than they should be because the people at Neversoft who make the note charts got really carried away with making everything artificially difficult.
I thought Guitar Hero II had more artificial difficulty, but then again, I did find it easier to beat. They seem to have made missing notes hurt even more, and hitting notes count less though, which I suppose is a facet of artificial difficulty (I am so glad that I am not the only person who says, and thinks that).

My main beef with III is the deluge of metal/screamo/whatever, and the **** art direction.

ANYHOW, I like the game. I play on expert (whoopdeedoo), and pass most songs on the first try. I don't get five stars that often, partially because I don't use star power much, and also because I am loathe to practice a song for hours on end (it's just a game).

Also, Guitar Hero is what finally pushed me over the edge and made me want to start playing. I've always been interested in guitar, but the game just lit a fire under my ass.
I'm generally okay on both i can just about play on hard and expert.
I get annoyed to no end when I mention being able to play a song, and someone comes on and says "Oh yeah, I can play that song.. on guitar hero!" Which of course spawns everyone else into the 'I can beat you at guitar hero any day' conversation.

I like my real guitar, thank you very much.
I tend to annoy people playing GH by pulling out a real guitar and noodling away over the songs. I truly suck at GH tho, which doesnt bother me in the least since the real thing blows the game away.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Page 1 of 2