Page 1 of 2
Yes, there is hype, lots of it. Ignore it. Burial will probably not change your life or anything, but there is something special about his sparse, dislocated beats, distant shards of vocals, shrouded bass, and lo-fi sound.

Burial has two full-lengths to his/her/its (?) name; the first is self-titled, and is the perfect companion to walking in the rain at night in the grey metropolis. It's deep and murky and downbeat as Hell.

The new album, just released on Monday, is not too far removed from the soundscapes of his first, but it's more upbeat, with lush, soulful vocals and a far more uplifting feeling.

Anyone who likes minimalism, ambient stuff, or moody electronica a la Massive Attack or Portishead or Tricky, should give him a try.

http://www.myspace.com/burialuk
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Actually, no one seems to know who he is.
Quote by Guardian Interview
Burial doesn't do DJ gigs, live performances or radio shows, and only a few photos exist of him, taken by the photographer Georgina Cook, and obscured to conceal his identity. "Only about five people outside of my family know I make tunes, I think. I hope," he says."

"I've had someone say to me, 'Yeah, Burial's a girl. I know someone who met her.'

So yeah, sorry guys. Though most dubstep (genre he is usually considered part of) DJs drop some of his tunes in sets.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Bumped because Untrue is probably the album of the year.
Quote by raise_the_dead

So yeah, sorry guys. Though most dubstep (genre he is usually considered part of) DJs drop some of his tunes in sets.

Actually, I never have and I know plenty who won't for one reason: His stuff is never perfectly in time. He doesn't use sequencers (does everything in Sound Forge), so its never ever perfectly to the grid. Frankly, I'm not good enough to mix that [yet], but there are a couple who can and do. Dunno, not really party music like most of dubstep anyways.
Yeah.

Tbh I don't really think Burial is dubstep anyways... he's totally different to all the other producers.

And yeah, I know he does everything in SoundForge, so his timing on all tracks are off. But one of my friends managed to mix some tracks of his recently....

... then again he's been dj'ing for 15 years.
What, are your pirating skills nonexistent?

Kode 9 also did a preview mix for the first one, but I cba to find it.
theres nothing on:

intitle:"index.of" (mp3|mp4|wma)
Soulseek (but soulseek never works for me anymore)

I havent checked on albumhunt or anything yet but im sort of rat arsed so i cant be bothered.
Well, usually just googling "artist name album name rapidshare" does the trick...
i wasn't too big on Untrue. it was alright i guess, but i was hoping for something more.
Hmm, what exactly do you mean by more?
Apparently his third album will be ultra-technical dark

I dunno... I really doubt he'd be able to pull that off.
i don't really know what i meant by more. it just felt really minimal.
i guess that is kind of what was intended though.
Quote by uhh_me?
i don't really know what i meant by more. it just felt really minimal.
i guess that is kind of what was intended though.

I want you to go out in the middle of the night in the dark and take a walk. And on that walk, take a Burial album and listen to it. And don't think about it, just be a part of it, just let yourself be absorbed into the rich, lush atmosphere he creates, fall into the minimal shuffle of the drums, fell the sampled vocals and strings in your soul: become one with it. Then you will understand, young grasshopper.
perhaps i will do that tonite.
i don't have anything i have to get up for in the morning.
Quote by uhh_me?
perhaps i will do that tonite.
i don't have anything i have to get up for in the morning.

Ah I love winter break!
so i did it and it enjoyed the album more.
i was listening to Etched Headplate and i sat down on a guardrail. all i could see was street lights, snow, and an empty road. i then realized i was completely alone. at first it was nice, then suddenly it was terrifying. towards the end of the song a truck drove by and i was so relieved. i'm not sure if it was the music or if i was already on edge because one of my friend's friends disappeared over the weekend, but that was a really strange experience.
Quote by uhh_me?
so i did it and it enjoyed the album more.
i was listening to Etched Headplate and i sat down on a guardrail. all i could see was street lights, snow, and an empty road. i then realized i was completely alone. at first it was nice, then suddenly it was terrifying. towards the end of the song a truck drove by and i was so relieved. i'm not sure if it was the music or if i was already on edge because one of my friend's friends disappeared over the weekend, but that was a really strange experience.

It so amazing how an electronic artist can stir up those kinds of emotions... I'm sorry about your friend though, really, I hope he turns up
A friend of mine, recently lent me Untrue, and its totally blown me away. Different from anything i've ever listened to, and it seems to be the perfect thing to listen to at this time of year. Its just so dark and pretty.
Well I've just put the self titled on my mp3 player, and seeing as the weather has been horrible recently I'll give it a play when I'm out and about in the concrete jungle.
Quote by raise_the_dead
downbeat as Hell.

Nah, its normal garage speed, 135-145

Unless you mean in mood, and his new album is pretty... heavenly
The track on the myspace is great.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
I'm not a big fan of the first one, but it's worth looking into anyways.

Btw, check out his remix of Bloc Party's Where Is Home? It's amazing...
Quote by MastaBassist10
Proof?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burial_%28Burial_album%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Untrue

http://repertoire.bmi.com/artist.asp?blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&page=1&fromrow=1&torow=25&querytype=ArtistID&keyid=54965&keyname=BURIAL

The music copyright website at the bottom says that the songs were composed by William Bevan.

EDIT: You have to click on a song to see.
I hope that's not true, otherwise it will probably destroy Burial as we know him/it.
Quote by raise_the_dead
I hope that's not true, otherwise it will probably destroy Burial as we know him/it.

How?
Quote by Broken_Drum
Well partly because the amount of illegal samples he uses in his songs and after seeing what some of these samples were there's no way they could have been cleared by the record label.

Bigger names have gotten away with more...
Page 1 of 2