Page 1 of 2
I honestly have no idea, you hear about it all over the show but if its anything like the English dream of having lots of money, women and booze with the minimal amount of effort then I'll feel conned by Hollywood...again
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by MySweetFracture
Freedom.

wasn't that in existence before America?
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
yeah, basically the same ****. Except not many people get it.... the whole fugly-dude thing kinda ****s up the whole women thing......
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

"Hey Mike, did your mom have a C section when she gave birth to you? Because I wanna make sure she's tight before I bang her."
Srsly?

To get a job at some ****ty place like Walmart, and move your way up the ranks to like board member or something.
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
Quote by wiggy1988

Not in England. Then, we had slaves which is stupid anyways. But thats what it is.
Alot of people come here in search of a better life, where they can support their family as well.
Not Enough AssHatery
Its racing down a highway going to Las Vegas, tripping on every drug you can get your hands on, and sharing them with your Samoan lawyer. And finding a Vincent Black Shadow is also good
Quote by Joshrocker48
I like you, as a fellow vocalist I like that you are here on UG and admit to not being a guitarist.
Bravo.

Quote by arsonite
GTFO non-guitarist!

Joke
Basically to start from nothing and end up with something. Money, Family, Good Job.

Or at least that's what it was. Now it's Money Money Money.
I am the Infantry.
Quote by wiggy1988

You taxed the **** out of us before we became a nation, so no.
Quote by hippie_cune
fat. happy. rich.

and unemployed

Im Fit, Happy, And poor.

And i have a good job.

1 outta 4 aint bad.
Not Enough AssHatery
I always thought the American Dream was along the lines of owning a home in a good neighborhood and having the freedom of working in the profession of your calling, or some cutesy sh*t like that.

Here's the wiki page if you want to read it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_dream
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
To live in a suburb, according to some. To me it's whatever you want it to be. I guess that's just called a dream =/
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by BDR_23

He meant in general. And yes there was freedom. Back when we were f*cking cavemen!
here is the american dream

we all just wanna be big rockstars
And live in hilltop houses driving fifteen cars
The girls come easy and the drugs come cheap
We’ll all stay skinny ‘cause we just won’t eat
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
Quote by SeveralSpecies
A threesome? CAN I GET AN AMEN!?

AMEN
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Quote by cm_punk_fan
here is the american dream

we all just wanna be big rockstars
And live in hilltop houses driving fifteen cars
The girls come easy and the drugs come cheap
We’ll all stay skinny ‘cause we just won’t eat

Quote by Joshrocker48
I like you, as a fellow vocalist I like that you are here on UG and admit to not being a guitarist.
Bravo.

Quote by arsonite
GTFO non-guitarist!

Joke
i thought the american dream was somthing about baseball
My You'll be the Baddest Dude in Revere!

My Gear:
-Fender Mexican Stratocaster
-Silvertone Paul Stanley Signature Acoustic
-Fender Princeton 65w
-DOD Death Metal
the american dream is something that WAS a big part of this country, but now it is overlooked so much that people miss the point.
Quote by Rosseta Stoned

its a joke(though the first 2 lines are most of our dreams)
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
The American Dream is getting rich by working hard for a while, and then spending the rest of your days banging your hot trophy wife on your yacht before returning to your private island.

We're learning about the American Dream in school.
Why I Love Spanish Women

I'm hoping by "crack" you mean cleavage unless you have some kind of bizarre ass-chest.

Quote by Kensai
Dude, relax. Don't be so rape about things.
"live off the fatta the lan"

"do i get to feed dem rabbits George?" etc

go read of mice and men.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Watch every George Carlin stand up from the 80's on and you'll know damn well what the American Dream is. Getting ****ed in the ass every day and not doing a God damn thing about it. Freedom my dick, this country is great but it's a ****ed up place going to ****.
Quote by I Am Jack!
Stephen Colberts flavour of ben and jerrys ice cream.

lolz
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by MySweetFracture
Not in England. Then, we had slaves which is stupid anyways. But thats what it is.
Alot of people come here in search of a better life, where they can support their family as well.

well technically Democracy was an ancient Greek system so the whole foundation of American freedom was based on a system thousands of years old.

And really people in England certainly weren't oppressed by the time of the american revolution Britain was a democracy...albeit not a perfect one but still very liberal compared to much of Europe. Americas idea that England was tyrannical came from the fact that the colonies had no representation in London. Something which even many MP's found intolerable. Many politicians actually supported america in its fight for independence
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by danielrobbyshor
"live off the fatta the lan"

"do i get to feed dem rabbits George?" etc

go read of mice and men.

I've read it...very good book actually
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by hurricanes67
the american dream is something that WAS a big part of this country, but now it is overlooked so much that people miss the point.

The American Dream IS very much real and important to immigrants.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by BDR_23

Wrong again. America was taxed substantially less than people in England, the issue was more about representation in Parliament than tax

PS. The Tax was to pay for British troops to protect the land recently captured from the French in the 7 year war, a war opposed by colonials as it damaged their trade

seriously mate I'm a historian I know all about this boring crap
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by wiggy1988
Wrong again. America was taxed substantially less than people in England, the issue was more about representation in Parliament than tax

PS. The Tax was to pay for British troops to protect the land recently captured from the French in the 7 year war, a war opposed by colonials as it damaged their trade

seriously mate I'm a historian I know all about this boring crap

+1

Im American and Im proud of my country and all, but we were a tad bit whiny back then. We were being taxed less than the actual British people. We were just using taxes as an excuse for independance. We really just wanted to run things ourselves. No reason why.
Quote by wiggy1988

i know the whole taxation without representation thing, but later on didnt england start taxing a lot more stuff?
Quote by hurricanes67
i know the whole taxation without representation thing, but later on didnt england start taxing a lot more stuff?

what actually happened was that Britain was essentially bankrupt from a huge war with France that had spanned the entire world (seriously)

Britain felt that as it had fought to protect the colonies and expand them, the colonies ought to pay for some of the cost of the war and for the stationing of troops in north America. So they imposed a tax, this was highly unpopular with the colonial population who were well read and educated (colonials were actually far better educated than many europeans and had a massively higher literacy rate) so the tax was dropped on all imported items other than tea which was taxed globally...some americans got annoyed, tipped the tea into the river and well we all know what happened after that

essentially if Britain had given America representation in Parliament, which it deserved. The whole situation would have been avoided. At the time in question Britons believed themselves to be the fathers of freedom and liberty, which was why so many politicians in Britain itself demanded representation for America and supported her during the revolution

there are actually quotes somewhere that I have that show British politicians yelling at the Prime Minister about the whole issue, it really did split the government. The population however almost exclusively backed the Colonials. See its not all black and white
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
It always seems to involve a large house with a well-trimmed lawn and a rivalry with the neighbor. The children are spoiled and dislike their parents. Their mother bakes cookies often.
American Dream = making something of yourself by earning it. I guess it's just the opposite of being born into a family and that being your social and economic status.
In all honesty, I think it's coming to America and obtaining that freedom to pursue you're goal, and work your way up through society. It's basically the freedom to choose your own path.
Page 1 of 2