Right now I have a ValveKing 212, and would like to get something nicer. Maybe thinking a Marshall, or a fender. What would you all suggest? I am wanting a tube amp for sure, and something that will last me a long time, so I don't need to get another amp for quite a while.
Gear:
Epi Les Paul Standard Plus(Honey Burst finish)
Fernandes Retrorocket Elite
Boss GT-8
ValveKing 212
Someone's gotta ask:
-Musical styles?
-Budget?
-Where do you live?

To the guy above me: If you're gonna say **** Marshall and Fender, you should recommend something a little more high-end than an AVT.
Last edited by kyrreca at Nov 8, 2007,
I play classic rock, haven't thought too much on the budget, just thinking about what to save up for, maybe $1,000-$2,000. I live in central IL. So I can hit a Guitar Center to try something out.
Gear:
Boss GT-8
ValveKing 212
Any examples?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Vox AC30 and Orange Rocker 30 are worth a look.
If you're not necessarily planning to buy the amp right away, try to be on the lookout for a good used amp.
I play some guns n roses, zappa, puddle of mudd, KISS, that kinda stuff
Gear:
Boss GT-8
ValveKing 212
vox AC 30 half stack with a a vox over the top boost pedal& and a good fuzz box(pedals optional). gives some sweet gain you just can't get from marshall
also good:
marshall TSL and Fender super sonic also with same pedals(at least with a god distortion pedal if you have one) final option the mashal JVM400 stack
Quote by MusicLine
Gundam pilota09, i'm happy for you, and imma let you finish, but Moses had the best ten commandements of ALL TIME.

Had to do it.
I have a boss gt-8, so I can get about any distortion from that if needed
Gear:
Boss GT-8
ValveKing 212
What should I use for distortion then? Just use the gain in the amp?
Gear:
Boss GT-8
ValveKing 212
yea use the gain on the amp, most amps that your going to look at in that price range are going to have a nice crunch channel. check out the rocker 30 and a 2x12 cab, should do it very nicely, oh and get a footswitch while your at it
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Orange Rocker, AC30, or a TT if you're looking for a lower-volume amp. You have a lot of options in that price range. I think the Crate Palomino series are worth looking at too.