My bass has an annoying buzz coming from it, and I'm not sure what's causing it. Also, the volume knob works great, but the tone knob won't work. Any ideas/suggestions?
Gear:
Epi Les Paul Standard Plus(Honey Burst finish)
Fernandes Retrorocket Elite
Boss GT-8
ValveKing 212
I just put in the Fender 62' P bass pickup
Gear:
Boss GT-8
ValveKing 212
Oh, a P pickup eh? Well, then I've hit a little bit of a snag as P pickups are semi-humbucking. Hmmm, maybe try buying a nice Monster cable. It could be the shielding from your cable that's the problem, if you have a cheap cable. It could also be shielding in your bass. Try taking some shielding tape and putting it in the cavity of your bass.
Does anybody know where I can get a good wiring diagram? I checked out seymour duncan, but wasn't sure what others there were
Gear:
Boss GT-8
ValveKing 212
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Does your bass have two single coils? If so, there's nothing you can do short of A) replacing the entire electronic set with active. or B) Buy noiseless pickups.

i have two single coils. i have no buzz issues. if i did, i would take it to the shop, and see what they say. if they say it's the single coil p-ups, i would ask someone else.
if my bass buzzed on every different amp i tried, i would say it's the bass. other than that, it's usually a grounding/earth wire, issue.
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
i have two single coils. i have no buzz issues. if i did, i would take it to the shop, and see what they say. if they say it's the single coil p-ups, i would ask someone else.
if my bass buzzed on every different amp i tried, i would say it's the bass. other than that, it's usually a grounding/earth wire, issue.

What if the person has done all that and it's still come back to the bass? Noiseless pickups would be his last option. Okay, I'm not going to lie, it's me I'm talking about now.
you probably screwed up the pickup installation. The reason the tone doesn't work is either cause of the wrong value pot, or you didn't solder it well enough.
I think the capacitor I put in is bad, because I just put the old one in. would that cause it to not work?
Gear:
Boss GT-8
ValveKing 212
Quote by ikeman868
I think the capacitor I put in is bad, because I just put the old one in. would that cause it to not work?

beyond my skill level. when it comes to electronics, i take it to the shop. sorry!
if your tone knob doesn't work, you have electronics issues. and that little knob could be the source of the buzz. good luck!