Hey, I'm working on some of my own stuff and I was wondering if you pan ska chords in a song? I've listen to example such as Reel Big Fish and Less Than Jake and I know you pan the rythm about 70% left and right but according to what I'm hearing, the ska chords don't seem to be panned, just one center track. Does anyone have a straight answer for me?

What does it seem real bands do on records?
Last edited by J6strings21fret at Nov 8, 2007,
of course not all bands will have the same production, but as a benchmark, id probably agree with your 70% to the right. but honestly, just go with whatever fits your sound, man.

EDIT:
Quote by I floss daily
Also, you might have more success asking this in Riffs & Recordings.

or the punk/ska forums
ehh
Pan them however you feel is good and fills up the stereo field nicely. When it comes to engineering music, there are no rules, only guidelines.
It all depends on the track. There's no right way. Do whatever you prefer. Personally, I don't pan the rhythm a whole lot, so it will sound more or less centered.
Quote by Urban Ditcionary
The greek half-goat god of sex.
A nickname for many people.
When people have pan as a nickname, it normally means they are good in bed.

Can someone explain to me what "pan" means.
Quote by hug a llama

Can someone explain to me what "pan" means.

Urban Dictionary probably wasn't the best place to look for answers.

It basically means to make something louder in the left or right speaker, so it sounds like it's just on that side.
Quote by I floss daily

Urban Dictionary probably wasn't the best place to look for answers.

It basically means to make something louder in the left or right speaker, so it sounds like it's just on that side.

Oh, thanks. Well TS, I haven't noticed anything in the pan. I'd just go with whatever sounds right, instead of limiting yourself to what other do. But that's just me...meh