uhh.. hi. I need to know if there is a tom D strat that is not a squier and if there isnt whatever. i need to get that guitar. also where can i get it? Thanks a lot!
i believe there is a fender one but i don't think they make it anymore... u might be able to find one on ebay.
You probably won't find it in stores because Fender no longer makes them. He now has a Gibson ES Signature.
Quote by green room
uhh.. hi. I need to know if there is a tom D strat that is not a squier and if there isnt whatever. i need to get that guitar. also where can i get it? Thanks a lot!

they definatly make a fender USA tom delonge strat, its for a fixed bridge, 1 volume pot, 1 humbucker, a standard rose would neck and a turqoise body, ...so its packed with features and extremely versatile. oh and only comes in one colour.
Here's my question for you: Why do you have such an intense need to own one?
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by green room
Oh. how much is it? and is the baby blue one? i think that one is rad.

its not baby bue, its turqoise. and it was probally something ridiculour like £1,200 when it was in production. if you do buy one, you'll have a nightmare trying sell it for a fair price.
I need it cause i have a gig coming up and we're doing punk songs and I can't go up there with a dark purple Telecaster made in mexico lmao
Quote by green room
I need it cause i have a gig coming up and we're doing punk songs and I can't go up there with a dark purple Telecaster made in mexico lmao

so your more intersted in looking good than sounding good ?..hell yeah can a telecaster do punk.

its like $2,000 ok..a F'ing waste of money.
Quote by green room
I can't go up there with a dark purple Telecaster made in mexico lmao

yes you can. MIM tele's are amazing.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
Quote by green room

why not? Lots of punk guitarists use telecasters. Joe Strummer jumps to mind. And D Boon. Isn't doing the most with what you have the whole point of punk?

Edit: A MIM telecaster is going to sound a hell of alot better than a Squier.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
I guess so but my telecaster is borrrrring.. and heavy and like 5 years old. i wanna new one just for the fun of it too.
Quote by green room
I guess so but my telecaster is borrrrring.. and heavy and like 5 years old. i wanna new one just for the fun of it too.

how old are you ? id say 15
how long you been playing ? id say 2 years

am i close ?
Quote by green room

If you just want a new guitar, get a Fat Strat. It's insanely more versatile than the Tom D strat and way cheaper.
Quote by DieKrupps
they definatly make a fender USA tom delonge strat, its for a fixed bridge, 1 volume pot, 1 humbucker, a standard rose would neck and a turqoise body, ...so its packed with features and extremely versatile. oh and only comes in one colour.

It comes in yellow too :-p

And I'm pretty sure they don't make a squire version of it.
At least get a better guitar. Get an Agile or something if you have to have a new guitar, or just some pickups.
nah i wanna go out there with a cheap tom d squier. do something different and have a cheap guitar..
Quote by green room
nah i wanna go out there with a cheap tom d squier. do something different and have a cheap guitar..

dude how old are you ?
So by going out there "different" you mean worse but looking (in your opinion) better.
dude, you can find TD starts on ebay all the time. There usually quite cheap. I found mine in a guitar center used for like 300 bucks. got it set up and its wonderful.
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com
Quote by green room

...that doesn't make you different at all... The guy in Fall out boy plays squires, Kurt Cobain used cheap guitars, and so did Johnny Ramone.

and again squire dose not make a version of his strat.
Quote by DieKrupps

Packed with features? HAHHAHA
Quote by green room

EPIC FAIL!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
There are 2 types of the "Tom Delonge" strat.

1) Squier Branded, single Seymour Duncan Designed "Detonator" pickup, one volume knob and a flat white scratchplate. Made in China.

2) Fender Branded, Single Seymour duncan "Invader", one volume knob, Pearloid scratchplate. Made in Mexico.

As far as I know, there wern't any MIA ones out for public but I reckon Tom's was an american made. If your going to buy a Tom Delonge strat, pick up the Fender version as the Squier one is a joke. Fine for a project, but you could easily make one for less than what there selling for by modding a Starter pack guitar.
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Join the only "REAL" Stratocaster Group here

Free Fender Strat here!
http://cgi.ebay.com/FENDER-TOM-DELONGE-BLUE-DAPHNE-STRAT-GUITAR-WITH-CASE_W0QQitemZ290177174502QQihZ019QQcategoryZ43374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
buy it and don't come here whining about how you wasted your money, when you've finally discovered real music.
Buy a hello kitty strat. they are soo punxorz!!!@12111

But seriously. Use your mim tele. No point in spending extra money for something that won't sound as good as what you have now just to look "cool" or "original", I think what you have now is perfect
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Quote by green room

Not many people have purple telecasters and alot of people have squiers dude. And when you say punk, I think you are referring to "pop-punk", which isn;t really punk.
Fender Standard Telecaster
Peavey Envoy 110
Boss DS-1 EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone Behringer DD400 Digital Delay
Digitech Bad Monkey
A black Fender Tom Delonge strat was my first guitar. A real one trick pony that isn't even good for punk. I got it for 250 (clearance at GC) so I suppose it was a "bargain". A seymour duncan invader is a pretty ****ty pick-up, and it has no tone pot, just volume. This guitar is setting yourself up for disappointment, get the fat strat or just a regular strat!
stick with the tele.... I'd take one of those over a strat any day.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
yes because using someone else's sig guitar is unique...

again your purple telecaster will be better, sound better, play better, and look better...dont waste your money
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158