Ever since it came out, I've been using Guitar Pro 5.0 with the RSE. I got used to it and wrote all kinds of stuff that sounded good on it. It had grown on me so much that it became part of me...

Anyway, just 10 minutes ago I upgraded to 5.2, and let me tell ya: it sounds like an utter piece of ****! Absolutely horrible, mind-numbingly awful, so much so that I have turned to the Pit for help... This new version has hundreds of pre-sets and possible combinations to go through, yet most of them suck. 5.0 had usually 4 pre-sets and the default one was also usually the best. So I ask you, does anybody know how to get the 5.0 tone back for the guitars?

Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
I'd do that but 5.0 won't open 5.1 and 5.2 files and since most people are upgrading if I put back 5.0 I'll soon be very limited to which files I can listen to.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
I've tried something similar to that. 5.2 came in its basic form with its RSE files added separately, so at first I just tried to install the basic 5.2 into my 5.0 directory and hope that it would use my old RSE files, but it crashed, so I was forced to fully install 5.2.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
I had the same problem, and I did re-install 5.0. And now honestly Im even starting to get sick of that tone. Most of the time I find myself turning the RSE off and just using the midi. I hate the RSE drums. And if I want you know like a natural decrescendo with the guitars I just write it in cause you know the midi doesnt do that kinda of stuff. Well thats my 2 cents on it
I think I'll just install both at the same time in different directories or something. Imagine the horrible tediousness I'll face from now on because of having to watch out which GP I'm using for which purpose...

EDIT: ^yup, that's kinda what I thought too, so I will install both.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO