My question is that
i bought an RG350EX about two weeks ago, and it is great, but
my trem get out of tune(just a few cents), and when i see the trem, it looks parallel with the body(the edge III has to be slightly not parallel, my trem is like that)
it has some kind of spongy material inside the trem cavity,
what i wanna know is this:
that spongy material is there for protecting the trem or just because it is new and i can take it out?

p.s. i called it spongy material because i forgot its name
and i know FRdesign can help me with this question
Spongy material just covers up the paint and mess in the routing.

The trem the a wedge shape so you have to have the top bit forward to have the bottom of it parallel.
Ibanez RG350dx
Ibanez AF85 Artcore VLS
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
so that spongy material is not the problem of my few cents detune when i use the trem
because my trem looks pretty good setup
hmm.. yeah that is just there to protect paint and such. i have that same exact guitar and have not had any problems with it.. oh, and dont let anyone tell you the Edge III sucks, because it doesn't, that is all just negative hype!
Quote by Burrito031
hmm.. yeah that is just there to protect paint and such. i have that same exact guitar and have not had any problems with it.. oh, and dont let anyone tell you the Edge III sucks, because it doesn't, that is all just negative hype!

The Edge III sucks.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
the edge 3 doesn't "suck", it's not the best trem, but it only is bad when you don't have it set-up right
No, I'm pretty sure the Edge III sucks.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
That's impossible.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by steven seagull
The Edge III sucks.

oh, ok. well since you can prove it and everything, well i guess you're right. you know, coming from someone who owns one, you would think they have a little bit of experience, but i guess you're right. jump on the band wagon with everyone else who thinks they sound smart by knocking everything that is said to be ****.
Quote by Burrito031
oh, ok. well since you can prove it and everything, well i guess you're right. you know, coming from someone who owns one, you would think they have a little bit of experience, but i guess you're right. jump on the band wagon with everyone else who thinks they sound smart by knocking everything that is said to be ****.

+1 they r actually good if you know what your doing. they dont have them set up because you can make it so the way you want it u faggot emo dooooosh ass hole go get shanked by a rabbit and then wake up in the middle of a donkey show.
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

founder of the ibanez rg owners of the world club pm me to join
^ Nigga say wha?

Quote by Burrito031

Mark's right. You're wrong through the virtue of insufficient experience. If you like your EIII, all power to you, but that doesn't change the fact that it objectively sucks.
I'm here, the Edge III master of UG.

Take a pic of your trem, so I can see how its set up. It may be ****ed up(set up wise). Also stretch the strings out, if they are not stretched it wont stay in tune at all.

And read this post on Jemsite, a Guy swapped an Edge Pro into a Edge III guitar. It clearly fits.

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=720502&postcount=12

Last edited by FRDesign at Nov 12, 2007,
Quote by silvertoness11
+1 they r actually good if you know what your doing. they dont have them set up because you can make it so the way you want it u faggot emo dooooosh ass hole go get shanked by a rabbit and then wake up in the middle of a donkey show.
what

Quote by The Charm
Think you could swap out an Edge III for a ZR?

It would probably be possible, but expensive and time consuming. The routing for ZR trems is different.
Quote by steven seagull
The Edge III sucks.

It sucks in the same way a Squire sucks. It's good for your first one, but you'll end up wanting something better.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by Burrito031

It does suck, it's made of cheap metal that doesn't stand up to the abuse the Floyd design is supposed to permit. The knife edges wear down, causing a loss of tuning stability. It performs well enough for as long as it will last, but it won't last very long at all. I expect to have to replace strings, tubes, possibly pots and tuners...I don't expect to have to replace my bridge. The Edge 3 isn't up to the job it's supposed to do, ergo it sucks.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by FRDesign
And read this post on Jemsite, a Guy swapped an Edge Pro into a Edge III guitar. It clearly fits.

That body had a stock Edge Pro II. That's why it fits.
Quote by FRDesign
I'm here, the Edge III master of UG.

Take a pic of your trem, so I can see how its set up. It may be ****ed up(set up wise). Also stretch the strings out, if they are not stretched it wont stay in tune at all.

how do i upload pics here at the ug forum(i am kind of new for this)
Edge IIIs aren't bad, better then some stuff, but t hey aren't great. you'll get the most life out of them when they are well setup, which is a pain in the ass its a finicky trem. Otherwise, the finishes are cheap, just like the baseplate. If you get a good setup one though and keep the knife edges lubed and maintained, you should get a couple years of heavy abuse out of it, provided the guitar doesn't fall apart before the trem.
Take it to a Tech and have him check it out, probobly better in person than any description you could give us over the internet. but come to think of it...Would a ZR Fit on an SG? the S series is really thin so i thought maby it would fit on a thin guitar like an SG as well
Quote by barcelona_rov
how do i upload pics here at the ug forum(i am kind of new for this)
Go to photobucket.com and upload them there, then copy and paste a link over here.
Quote by FRDesign
Did it?

The guy said it had an Edge III.

It could have - amber 320s with EPII were pretty popular. Or maybe not and it really doesn't fit. The silly thing is that not all the EdgeIII routes are the same. For example, the studs on the Xiphos have more space in front of them than those on RG350 (you'll notice how the studs are pretty much next to the pickguard on yours) - meaning that, say, an OFR will drop into 350, but might not go into Xiphos. Which is why saying that X swaps with Y is a risky statement as it's true in some cases and false in others.
Quote by Burrito031

I pulled one out of an RG350DX within minutes. My friend also has one and it does nothing but go out of tune, I have set it up properly, its also been set up by a tech. It's just crap. Some of them last a few months, maybe a year or more even, but eventually it craps out
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by pifty
It could have - amber 320s with EPII were pretty popular. Or maybe not and it really doesn't fit. The silly thing is that not all the EdgeIII routes are the same. For example, the studs on the Xiphos have more space in front of them than those on RG350 (you'll notice how the studs are pretty much next to the pickguard on yours) - meaning that, say, an OFR will drop into 350, but might not go into Xiphos. Which is why saying that X swaps with Y is a risky statement as it's true in some cases and false in others.

Thats pretty stupid. IMO, all Non Prestige Trem Ibanez's should have a ZR.