im trying to get my friends cable internet to work on my tower, i dont know if it only works on his or what but i just hooked it up to mine and nothing showed up. i went to network places and tried to set it up but failed ....

i dont know if there is something special i need to do to set this up or what, because im missing something.

the cable works fine on his tower, i set it up just the way it is on his and im at his house sooo im stumped.

i also have wireless but i doubt it will work.
Make sure your internet-tubes aren't clogged.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
OK, like the other dude said. Get your friend to tel you how to do it. seriously, all you need to do is use the same password and user name and all that shiz, and your good to go.
I'm assuming your using Windows XP and your using a Ethernet Cable (the cable that goes from the modem to the pc, ie. Internet Box)

So first go to Start:Control Panel:Network Connections: then right click "Local Area Connections" and click "Enable" or if it's enabled then right click and disable it, then re-enable it.
Quote by HaKattack
Wait a second..how did KoRn get you into metal? That's like Nancy Reagan getting you into heroin addiction and prostitution!
Quote by Artemisery
OK, like the other dude said. Get your friend to tel you how to do it. seriously, all you need to do is use the same password and user name and all that shiz, and your good to go.

i know the username and password, i just dont know where to type it in.
Quote by Ahyoka
I'm assuming your using Windows XP and your using a Ethernet Cable (the cable that goes from the modem to the pc, ie. Internet Box)

So first go to Start:Control Panel:Network Connections: then right click "Local Area Connections" and click "Enable" or if it's enabled then right click and disable it, then re-enable it.

there is no local area connections, i jjust rebooted my computer so its pretty clean.
Just ask Al Gore, he invented the damned thing.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
No...Local Area Connections is a connection type...it's for wired connections. Are your trying to connect to a wireless network? or was your buddy's pc connected by a cable?
Quote by HaKattack
Wait a second..how did KoRn get you into metal? That's like Nancy Reagan getting you into heroin addiction and prostitution!
Quote by Ahyoka
No...Local Area Connections is a connection type...it's for wired connections. Are your trying to connect to a wireless network? or was your buddy's pc connected by a cable?

im almost positive its cable, theres a phone jack looking thing in the back of his tower that i just put in the back of my tower.
yeah that's a Ethernet Cable. Does the cable go from your tower to a box?
Quote by HaKattack
Quote by Ahyoka
yeah that's a Ethernet Cable. Does the cable go from your tower to a box?

yeah i dont mess with any of it, its all hooked up just fine.

all i do is take the ethernet cable out of his tower and plug it into my tower.
My thoughts are that the cable company is mapping the MAC address of the network card and not just the cable modem and or both. Unless you can spoof the MAC address from your friends card you are a no-go for cable internet.
“Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.”
Last edited by Ta2dPagan at Nov 8, 2007,