Page 1 of 2
my brother says that me taking my guitar to school just to play with my other guitar-playing friends is lame and i'll look back on it and be embarassed. so what i want to know is do you guys play your guitar at school just to play, not for a performance or anything? is it appropriate?
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
I have taken mine before as entertainment during downtime.

You'll regret it if you go with it to try and pick up chicks, but otherwise...
I played my bass at school for this little performance. Me and two friends played "Yellow Submarine" (it was more of a joke thing than anything) and then we jammed. It sucked, but it was funny.
The.
I bring my guitar to school a couple of days a week. As long as you don't make a big deal out of it or anything, it's fine, I just bring it in to entertain friends on. They don't even play guitar.
Why would you be embarrassed? I have guitar class, so naturally my guitar is at school. Well, my acoustic at least.
no, not for the chicks, just for jamming with my other guitar-playing friends.
And if the Devil is 6,

I dunno but I see alot of people at my school just bring acoustics for really no reason, and they just play em randomly, so no i think its ok if you do
uhhhh, yea
i've done it numerous times. twice to audition for a talent show and another to kill time in the music storage room during lunch. it's stupid people stare and make requests like im a jukebox.
Quote by RPGoof
I think it would be a bit odd to whip out a guitar in the middle of class... I've never seen anyone do it.

Play during lunch.
meh just dont be one of those kids who thinks theyre awesome because they can strum some major chords in the halls during free periods. if you dont pulbicize it then its cool, if you do then its annoying
Well, i think you should take it to school every ****ing day, i mean, its extra practice and hell, who the **** doesnt liek a rocker?
i play my guitar at school, thats where my band has pratice. we just break into the band room for a couple hours.

IMO - don't take your guitar to school to try to pick up chicks, if your only way of getting girls to date you is a piece of wood with strings, you're pretty pathetic.
GUITARS:
Fender Strat w/ Seymour duncans
Agile Explorer w, SD livewire metal
Fender Telecaster w/ hot rail

PEDALBOARD:
Boss chromatic tuner
Ibanez weeping demon
*Digitech Whammy*
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by RPGoof
I think it would be a bit odd to whip out a guitar in the middle of class... I've never seen anyone do it.

I'm tempted to bust out an improvised blues jam about math now.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
I bring it for jazz, which is first period, then I leave it in the jazz room for the rest of the day.
I only bring mines when I go to my friends house after school to jam. But that rarely happens. But if you bring it for no reason just to show it off, then you would have lost all your dignity.
Quote by nasstyman
i busted a g-string while fingering a minor...
Quote by 18zzz18
REPLY DUDE! YOU COULD BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE EARTH AND ALL OF MANKIND! (:
0h @nd U M@Y H@V3 2 T@LK L1K3 TH1S..... 1TZ TH3 L@NGU@G3 0F TH3 FUTUR3
Quote by RMC06
My old band teacher once called me a penis wrinkle.
Never brought my guitar to school and I wouldn't without a reason....just bringing one in seems like showing off IMO.

Might bring one later this year for theory class though.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
It seems to be more of a white middle class middle school thing. People bring their guitars to my highschool occasionally.

Always seemed like showing off to me.
Quote by 6079 Smith W
One time I had this chick setting on my lap, sucking on my neck, unbuttoning my pants when one of my friends walked in and ruined the whole thing. To be fair though, she was his girlfriend.

Shoopin' that whoop since before you were born, son.
I wish I had an acoustic

It must get really annoying carrying that hunk of wood around.
Since when was it considered embarrassing to enjoy yourself.

As long as you don't try to impress people with it and just enjoy yourself, things should be.
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
I live at my school...

Technically it's always there.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
well i brought mine to school and now that im in college, i dont look back at it and regret it at all. Why would you regret it anyway?

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Just dont be show-offy and realize other guitarists WILL critizise you and your playing, dont let them bring you down. Above all else, do not let this practise interfer with your grades.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Yeah, every time I see someone with a guitar at school it seems like showing off. They just have that sort of look on their face and attitude where the guitar makes them "cool."
Quote by jravolta
It seems to be more of a white middle class middle school thing. People bring their guitars to my highschool occasionally.

Always seemed like showing off to me.

yeah people at my HS don't really bring their guitars, but every 1 out of 3 people plays.
GUITARS:
Fender Strat w/ Seymour duncans
Agile Explorer w, SD livewire metal
Fender Telecaster w/ hot rail

PEDALBOARD:
Boss chromatic tuner
Ibanez weeping demon
*Digitech Whammy*
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by lepermessiah22
well i brought mine to school and now that im in college, i dont look back at it and regret it at all. Why would you regret it anyway?

i dunno, that's what my brother said...
And if the Devil is 6,

I bring mine every day that i have a study hall. I just keep it in the bandroom until 8th period and then jam out in one of the practice rooms or in the main room, it all depends. Usually its my acoustic but once in a while ill bring my electric in if im gonna jam with a drummer or if i have jazz band that day. Its all good though
Last semester I had Jazz Band so I brought it to school every day and played during lunch with my friends/ random people who wanted to jam. This year My friends and I bring a guitar and a practice amp each every Friday and jam in the newly built building (no one likes to go in there yet). Chicks definitely don't dig it because they're all into rap, but we don't do it for them.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I bring mine in all the time. Me and a few other people just play around. Its fun. I dont get what there is to be embarrassed about. Just dont try picking up chicks like that or else you will look shallow!
i bring it almost every day just for something to do - theres not much other than talking to keep entertained...
█████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████

You're just another brick in the wall
Quote by manyfingers
I bring mine every day that i have a study hall. I just keep it in the bandroom until 8th period and then jam out in one of the practice rooms or in the main room, it all depends. Usually its my acoustic but once in a while ill bring my electric in if im gonna jam with a drummer or if i have jazz band that day. Its all good though

I first read that as bathroom. I just imagined someone coming in to take a piss, and VOILA a guitar right next to the urinal you are about to piss in.
when people play guitar at my school most of them suck. except 3 people that are ****ing amazing. i leave mine at home but when all those little emo kids take thiers out and try to show of i just ask to see it and play some awesome metal songs.
Quote by Guitar Guy21
I bring my guitar to school. The only time I play it is during jazz band.

yeah, me too. i don't play during school, except for jazz band, but that's a class. otherwise, nobody really cares that you can play guitar, because everyone and their mom knows a G chord
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Quote by hug a llama
I first read that as bathroom. I just imagined someone coming in to take a piss, and VOILA a guitar right next to the urinal you are about to piss in.

so did I. I laughed, but I laughed more at your reply.
I don't have a cheap acoustic to bring, but some of my friends have brought their guitars in and I jammed on them. There are like 5 or 6 teachers at our school (besides music teachers) who play guitar. One of them even used to have a guitar company (his guitars) and he's been playing for 40+ years. He's insane.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
in our school we have a guitar we can play on between the lessons. no, it's not osme kind of music school, just an oridinary elementary school. i like it, but sometimes somebody takes the guitar all week long >_>
You like it
I always have a guitar in school...Just to jam with other musician mates and the guitar group on Mondays...
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Page 1 of 2