My Ibanez Xiphos finish got chipped...

I was at band practice earlier today, and my strap ****ing broke. The guitar fell and I chipped the two horn-like parts at the bottom. They're not THAT big..but it's still pretty ugly. It has the red chameleon finish. Can this be fixed? If so, how much? The chip is down to the wood, but the wood isn't damaged or anything.

Please, don't say "Just leave it, battlemarks give it character" Etc. I really want this fixed because I got it about a month ago... I'm such an idiot, and I feel like crap now..
No sig...wait...nevermind
yeah um... I dunno if ti can be fixed, not easily anyways..

Wear and tear, you usually do get over it at some point, but it takes ages if you love it.. GL
lol, silly slipknot fans.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
That really sucks, man, I'm sorry.

The reason people say, "they're battle scars, they add character" is because there's not a whole lot you CAN do, unfortunately.

But here's a tip that may disgust you, may help you out: when I chipped the horns on my black Randy Rhoads, I filled them in with Sharpie. Now at least it doesn't look chipped any more. You may have to experiment a bit to find a colour that matches, but it's a quick and cheap fix.

Oh, and don't do what I did, and spend the next few years banging the guitar into mic stands, furniture, and your singer. The RR is now more dinged up, but the Sharpie fills are still intact!

Oh, and get straplocks, and a decent, solid strap. You're lucky, in a way: some people break off the headstock the first time they drop their axe.
Finish itself is pretty easy to get fixed. You can have fairly large (like a couple inches) of scratched/chipped finish redone for around 100 dollars (if you happen to have a luthier in your city) but that doesn't include paint. Getting something re-painted then finished is going to cost far more than it would be worth, ESPECIALLY if there is also wood damage (in which case there is no way in hell it would be worth getting all repaired - that guitar isn't worth enough for that kind of repair to be justified).
God help your guitar. As pretty much everybody else is saying, you're screwed dude. I guess you've just gotta embrace the battlescar.
Quote by JablesII
That really sucks, man, I'm sorry.

The reason people say, "they're battle scars, they add character" is because there's not a whole lot you CAN do, unfortunately.

But here's a tip that may disgust you, may help you out: when I chipped the horns on my black Randy Rhoads, I filled them in with Sharpie. Now at least it doesn't look chipped any more. You may have to experiment a bit to find a colour that matches, but it's a quick and cheap fix.

Oh, and don't do what I did, and spend the next few years banging the guitar into mic stands, furniture, and your singer. The RR is now more dinged up, but the Sharpie fills are still intact!

Oh, and get straplocks, and a decent, solid strap. You're lucky, in a way: some people break off the headstock the first time they drop their axe.

Thanks for the reply.

I would use a marker or something if my guitarwas actually one colour...but it kinda changes different colour in the light.

And I have straplocks, the strap it self broke
No sig...wait...nevermind
Haha, I just smacked my modified Epiphone g-400 korina off my computer desk T_T The guitar's finish is so fragile, I dropped a deodorant stick on it by accident and put a lil crack in the finish, not noticable, but its there forever.
i get really sad if i ever knock my guitar.
my guitar is in very good shape actually, im quite proud. there are no cracks, dents or scratches that i can see.
but there is a point where you get over it and realise...its a guitar, of course it will get knocked about.
Yeah, I've seen photos of the Xiphos. I like the paint on 'em! Forget what that kind of paint's called, though... is it mirage finish?

I know that a sharpie or nail polish won't match up exactly to the colour, but what I meant is that if the dings are only small you could touch them up with a flat colour and they wouldn't be noticeable from a couple of feet away.

There's always the possibility you might be able to find some kind of iridescent nail polish that could be a good match: it wouldn't change colours as the light hit it differently, but see what you can find wherever skanky hoochies shop.