ok, so im trying to get some basic gear to do recording.
i need: a DAW 4-10 track, needs to record to a harddrive internally, dosnt have to be able to burn to cd; 2 or 3 mics (mainly for electric guitar and vocals),
I was looking at the Tascam DP01 and it seems like its pretty good, but im not too familiar with any recording hardware so im looking for some input here. suggestions on what i can get to do what i need, with a budget of about $500-550.
Thanks in advance.
I'd suggest at least a 16 track..

and then you'll need to have either a great small amp or a v amp will do..

Recordings hard!

Zoom have one, as do most brands in there 1000s AUD tho so about 900US
Quote by henza_x
I'd suggest at least a 16 track..

and then you'll need to have either a great small amp or a v amp will do..

Recordings hard!

Zoom have one, as do most brands in there 1000s AUD tho so about 900US

i have absolutely no need for 16 tracks, and 900 is almost twice my budget, and your just talking about the mixer
i have tascam stuff, not bad at all... i also use SM57's for mics, great inexpensive all-around mics for those on a budget. recording isn't that hard at all, tbh... just takes some time, that's all
Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
CA Blade Electric
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Carlo Robelli Jumbo A/E

Fulltone Fulldrive2
EHX Small Clone
Buddha Wah
Ibanez AD9 Delay
Ibanez Vintage EQ

Crate V18-112
Peavey Vypyr 75
Roland MicroCube
Quote by musicofthenite
i have tascam stuff, not bad at all... i also use SM57's for mics, great inexpensive all-around mics for those on a budget. recording isn't that hard at all, tbh... just takes some time, that's all

i just saw a video about the Tascam DAWs and i think thats what im going to go with, and ive been reading good reviews about the SM57 so ill probably get that and another mic.