I know that regular harmonics can only be played on certain frets, however does this rule apply to pinch harmonics also?
No, a pinch harmonic can be played on any fret you like. However, it is easier to do pinch harmonics on the thicker strings than the thinner strings, because there is more string to pinch. Some people (like myself) sometimes find it difficult to do a pinch harmonic on the 1st string, however, no problem doing one on the 4th string.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
It doesn't matter where but the sound will change depending on which part of the string you pinch it at. Try experimenting to get the sound you want.
any fret any string. some might be harder though. just angle your pick down, hit hard, and put some thumb into it. from there, practice
Quote by RCShadow
Let the master of pinch harmonics give you a lesson...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bmou13DGyk

RIP Darrell, I miss you.

Chris

How does that have anything to do with pinch harmonics? Those are harmonic squeals which is completely different.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
How does that have anything to do with pinch harmonics? Those are harmonic squeals which is completely different.

Point taken...thanks!

Chris
and basically a pinch harmonic

is the same as a regular harmonic but the touching of the 12 fret or 15th

happens the moment you hit the string that may sound confusing if your this inexperienced

but it isnt