Poll: lead/lead vs lead/rhythm
Poll Options
View poll results: lead/lead vs lead/rhythm
lead/lead
11 20%
lead/rhythm
44 80%
Voters: 55.
in your personal opinion, in a band with 2 guitarists, if they do a solo live that has a 2 guitar harmony, do u prefer if they leave the harmony out and keep one guitar doing rhythm, or do u prefer if they do the 2 lead guitars and leave the rhythm out?
personally i prefer lead/rhythm because it keeps the fullness of the song, whereas lead/lead sounds empty.
discus
I prefer a mix of the two. But if I were to pick one, I guess lead/rhythm because good rhythm just sounds so kickass.
I always like one to keep the harmony and the other solo's. Then vice versa..
LOL
I agree, lead/rhythm completes a song whereas lead/lead is empty as samlocke said.
! good rhythm that punches you in the face makes all the difference, than deep into a good sonic pummeling, the lead/rhythm guitarist busts into a searing solo and you hit pure bliss!
Rhythm/lead for fast solos,lead/lead for slow solos with the kinda feel
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
thin lizzy ftw.

i don't really know which i prefer, i like dual lead, but i also like to have a backing rhythm. maybe i should be in a band with 3 guitarists lol.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
it depepnds on how good the bassline and how good the bassist is! a good bassist can gill the gap behind the solo!
but if the bassline doesnt cut it,i'd say i prefer lead/rhythm
Lead/Lead, it looks and sounds very cool.

If both your guitarists can lead, one can solo while the other can rhythm, and they can both solo, where as if your rhythm guitarist cant lead, you've taken away an option.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Tuneman
That depends on what kind of bass is in the song.

+1 If the bass can keep the rhythm up then pure harmony, but if not lead-rhythm.

Gear:
-------------------------------
Guitar:
MIM Fender Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Recto
Cube 60

Quote by wyldedarko
Dude, if you already have the capo just put it behind the nut and it lowers everything.

n00bS....
It depends if the harmony is what makes the solo sound good, if it isnt too important, then lead/rythym, but if its alot more important and is basically the only thing that the solo has going for it, then lead/lead and let the bassist keep the rhythm line.
Depends on the song. I love my harmonies, and usually a good bassist can keep the fullness there.

However, in recordings, I always tend to have 3 guitar parts