quick question, help would be much appreciated

Q: why does it require mush less force to accelerate a low mass object than it doesto acelerate a high mass object the same amount?

i thought i had the right answer but i got it wrong
Member of the Guitarists Born in 1990 Club. PM Gibson_God11 to join

Member of the I have every metallica album and I love it!
club. PM BDR_23 to join

www.myspace.com/shepherdjoe

X
Newton's Second Law: Force = Mass * Acceleration

The more massive the object, a greater force is necessary to achieve the same acceleration.

I'll have a bourbon.
newtons second law i.e. F = ma (or F= dP/t) A larger mass object will have greater momentum for the same acceleration than a smaller mass. Hence to bring about a greater acceleration a larger net force is required.
█████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████

You're just another brick in the wall
force = mass x acceleration (f=ma)... so a=f/m ... a small force on a small mass will produce the same acceleration as a larger force on a proportionally larger mass
"Salvation a la mode, with a cup of tea"~aqualung/jethro tull
If you really want to impress your teacher tell him theory is that the resistance of mass to acceleration is because of something that's called the Higgs field. The Higgs field is purely theoretical though but hopefully the particle accelerator by CERN will prove it's existance once it's finished.
You could also state that it takes more force to start something moving than it does to keep it moving... if thats relevant
LollipopSkeletonsLollipopSkeletons
LollipopSkeletonsLollipopSkeletons
everyone is BEING REDUNDANT. ITS ALL THE NEWTONS SECOND LAW.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
No one cares about the Higgs field. More than likely, it doesn't make sense.
Signatures are too mainstream