hi all ... im looking to invest in a 12 string ... anyone got any suggestions

my price range is probably between $400-500 AU

much appreciated
Quote by Ed Hunter
Kick your brother in his penis adorned head.
Any Taylor 12 string is great. It doesn't have that insanely trebley sound a lot of 12 strings have. Though Taylors are kind of expensive, a Takamine is great for your price range, but nothing beats a Taylor.
Quote by white falcon119
hey man i'd go an alvarez..dunno how to link properly, but here is the site http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Alvarez-Artist-Series-AD60S12-Dreadnought-12String-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=518738...im getting one for my bday soon..went in any played it, beautiful guitar man, highly recommend it...$499AUD at billy hyde's with a free hard case, so cant go wrong imo.
Link didn't work. I believe you're referring to this one.
Quote by teegee420

thank you very much for that..yep thats the one, cant wait till i get my hands on it...cheers for that mate
That Alvarez linked to above is the best 12-string I think I've played in that price range.
I use a Yamaha Fg-720s-12 and I really like it, not the best for fingerpicking with though, I used an ovation just today, and they are quite enjoyable to play

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-FG720S-12String-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=519048
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ovation-CC045HB-Celebrity-Standard-12String-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=513524
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Last edited by Carswell98 at Nov 9, 2007,
The Cort or the Yamaha i think are the way to go in your price range, i think the Alvarez sneaks out of it.

He asking in Aussie dollars, not US dollars, and currently your dollar is stronger than ours (but not by as much as it used to be) but theres still the whole thing where guitars down here are mroe expensive than over there, so keep that in mind
Quote by johnos
The Cort or the Yamaha i think are the way to go in your price range, i think the Alvarez sneaks out of it.

He asking in Aussie dollars, not US dollars, and currently your dollar is stronger than ours (but not by as much as it used to be) but theres still the whole thing where guitars down here are mroe expensive than over there, so keep that in mind

The Alvarez is $499 AUD from billy hyde's music...and he said his max price was $500 AUD, so it just fits in..i know that 100% becoz i played it last weekend
I have one 12 strings guitar, the manufacture is Starsun, Is Chinese, but, the guitar is very good, and good acoustic. This guiar is cheap.
Quote by white falcon119
The Alvarez is $499 AUD from billy hyde's music...and he said his max price was $500 AUD, so it just fits in..i know that 100% becoz i played it last weekend

Good pickup mate! I was thinking of the AD60SC which is $600. Mustn't have been thinking properly yesterday.
Its listed on their webiste too:
https://www.billyhydemusic.com.au/shop/index.cfm?action=view&id=88

If its anything like its 6string brother then it would be well worth the spending!
Quote by teegee420

That's an awesome guitar, but for me, the only thing that gets me is the lack on inlays. How much do custom inlays cost? Just dots by the way...
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by Kartman
That's an awesome guitar, but for me, the only thing that gets me is the lack on inlays. How much do custom inlays cost? Just dots by the way...

Probably enough to make you not want to do it.
Personally i like a blank fretboard, or just an inlay at the 12th fret. Its not as if you use them for anything anyway.
Quote by johnos
Probably enough to make you not want to do it.
Personally i like a blank fretboard, or just an inlay at the 12th fret. Its not as if you use them for anything anyway.

that's a fair point..i just went and played it again, i agree the fretboard is pretty sexy with just the 12th..it has the markers on the top of the fret board as you'd expect, so thats really all you need