just cruising around ebay when i found this....
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FENDER-JAPAN-PBAC-SEMI-ACCOUSTIC-PRECISION-BASS_W0QQitemZ120181441978QQihZ002QQcategoryZ38078QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Do u think its real, because i have never seen anything of the likes before
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
just look at the guys feedback that should some it up for you..
Gear:
Mesa Dual Rectifier
Mesa 4x12 Cab
Marshall 4x12 Cab

Gibson SG Standard + Bare KnucklePickups - Warpigs
Gould Les Paul + BKP's - Crawlers
See Through Acrylic Strat

Zakk Wylda Wah
Original Crybaby
Boss Flanger
Boss Phase Shifter
Wow quite a find never seen anything like it. (He spelt acoustic with two ccs though) From looking around i see no trace of this thing so .....
Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
After doing a little bit of research I think i may have stumbled upon something of a rarity....
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
I'm sure they're not sold in AMERICA anymore, but just because they've been discontinued here idk if that means they've stopped making them.

ie does anyone have the link to any of those guitar import sites that sell the Fender Japan basses?
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
I actually bought my guitar from that seller. Very reliable and it traveled quickly from japan to aus =]
It looks georgeous, I've always been curoius about Acoustic and Acoustic\electric basses..
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
I'd buy it! It has the larger tuners, which are indicitive of the higher end of Fender Japan production, and was made around 1990.

It just seems really unique, and I would imagine would be a nice piece to add to a collection.
Quote by UtBDan
I'm sure they're not sold in AMERICA anymore, but just because they've been discontinued here idk

because you can't sell, what you can't give away!
thin bodied acoustic/electric guitars suck!! i assume the basses do to. i would not buy it. imo
It was probably discontiunued for a reason i.e. it wasn't popular enough to make money. And popularity often has to do with the sound they produce at that price.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Don't expect this to sound like an acoustic bass - it's meant to be plugged in at all times, like a Gibson EB-2 is an acoustic bass.

And why would it be fake?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
because fender is trusted and some small time luthier wasn't selling them well when it was his name on it. I saw a guy who repainted squiers to have fender on the headstock. there are con artists. how do you think Ibanez started? copying everyone's stuff and selling it cheaper. they at least put their name on it.

Since it's real though- that is a cool bass.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom