I had this guitar built a while ago and it has a hipshot tremolo bridge in it.
Everything's been fine until recently. For some reason whenever I bend a string (any string) a few of the other strings go flat, and to put it back in tune I have to depress the tremolo bar and release it again.
The guitar has a reverse "hockeystick" style headstock and has a Grapthtec graphite nut (to improve tremolo tuning stability) and has a bar string tree that covers all 6 strings behind the nut (like those on most floyd rose equipped guitars).

I've taken it in to my local guitar repairer (the guys who built the guitar) and they "fixed" it apparently, but it's just gone back to how it was before after one day.

Does anyone know what's happening here?

I'm not sure of exactly how the hipshot trem works, but it sounds like when you bend, the string pulls up the trem(as on all trems), but then the trem doesn't return to its zero point.

have you tried getting a hipshot trem-setter? It should solve your problems but will also make it a little harder to use the bar
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
What's a trem-setter? And yes, it is pulling up the tremolo when I bend... I opened up the back of the guitar and tightened the thing that pulls the springs that pull the tremolo back... so it's harder to push the bar down and stuff... but I think it has something to do with the nut or the string tree, because the bridge seems to be coming back to a zero point...
Quote by loop-de-luke
What's a trem-setter? And yes, it is pulling up the tremolo when I bend... I opened up the back of the guitar and tightened the thing that pulls the springs that pull the tremolo back... so it's harder to push the bar down and stuff... but I think it has something to do with the nut or the string tree, because the bridge seems to be coming back to a zero point...

A trem-setter is this device that you install in the back like a spring that will pull the trem back to zero-point.

The other thing that could be is that since the hipshot isn't a locking trem, the strings are slipping at the bridge, but i doubt that.

Do you have locking tuners? thats the only other thing that I think might help.

But deffinitely get a trem-setter installed. Im 100% sure its your trem not returning to perfect zero point unless its forced to.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
But if I bend the strings and all that and it goes out of tune it doesnt go back in tune if I pull the tremolo bar backwards (pulling the tremolo back against the guitar body)... would roller saddles on the bridge help? because then the strings would just roll over and roll back wouldn't they?
um if it doesnt have a locking nut or bloody good tuners its still gonna goo out a bit.
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Peavey 5150ii w/ Marshall 1960DM cab
it had locking tuners before but they were the biggest pain in the ass ever... I tried re stringing the guitar once with them on and got to putting on the first string and took like half an hour and still didnt get it, and scratched the paint job in the process... so I took them out and replaced them with good Gotoh tuners (non-locking)... because I cant imagine the stress trying to change a string mid-concert with those other horrible things on...

Another thing is I cant tune the strings properly... I have to turn the tuner a little bit, then push the tremolo bar down and release it again over and over until it goes in tune... otherwise you tune it, then push the bar down or bend and everything goes out.

EDIT: by "locking tuners" I dont mean locking nut... they're these stupid tuners that actually hold the string in through the little hole so that the strings dont slip out or anything... they pissed me off pretty quickly
Quote by DagMX
A trem-setter is this device that you install in the back like a spring that will pull the trem back to zero-point.

The other thing that could be is that since the hipshot isn't a locking trem, the strings are slipping at the bridge, but i doubt that.

Do you have locking tuners? thats the only other thing that I think might help.

But deffinitely get a trem-setter installed. Im 100% sure its your trem not returning to perfect zero point unless its forced to.

I was thinking about putting one of those in my new guitar, is it a good idea?
Member of the "...Still waiting for the Zombie Holocaust" club.

Founder of the "ZAKK Wylde" club

pm me to join
Well I actually only just came back from my local guitar repairer (the guy who built my guitar) after having got the bridge set up again and it's fine now (so far)...
The bridge is really good, when it works, especially for nice strat-like sounds with the steel block versions (which I've got), so as long as it's set up properly it should be fine but I'm no expert on bridges... so maybe just go for a standard Fender Strat bridge or something? depends...