Poll: Which distortion pedal is better?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which distortion pedal is better?
MXR DD11 Dime Distortion Pedal
0 0%
Boss metal zone
7 21%
MXR doubleshot distortion
6 18%
Other
21 62%
Voters: 34.
Which distortion pedal is better?...3 choices...just pick other if you think another type of pedal is better and post which one you think is better to you.

Im looking to buy a pedal online however i want to research it a bit before I do so thanks for any imput.

Is The MXR doubleshot distortion a good pedal?...this is the front runner for me right now.

Im looking to buy a good distortion pedal that can be used for Rock and Metal and so far ive narrowed it down to 3 pedals.

The MXR doubleshot distortion

MXR DD11 Dime Distortion Pedal

boss metal zone

Go to this page to hear my original song recordings

Click Here
Last edited by D_Vincent at Nov 9, 2007,
can you give some examples of music you want to play, i mean guitarists and bands, whats the sound youre looking for?
im gunna say the metal zone. I own it myself. All of these pedals have a volume, treb, mid, distortion and bass knobs, but the metal zone is the only one that allows you to shape the mid frequency as well. The bass and treble knob are combined in one split knob (a knob and a ring around that knob, it's called shelving knobs) an the mid and mid freq knob are split in one knob. That can be pretty important in finding the exact sound you would like to get.

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Hey dude you may want to consider checking out the Electro Harmonix Metal Muff, good pedal from what I have heard, I love the Metal Zone Its great "then again thats just your typical BOSS product "
anyway, id suggest something less extreme, boss ds-1 or os-2, maybe an ibanez tubescreamer. among the one you proposed i say doubleshot distortion, since it has two channels with eq for each one (so that you have great flexibility) and focus switch to cut\boost mids and get a badass sound

edit-your guitar and your amp? its very important. i voted other but all in all think the dobleshot will do fine, its to say it works better with single coil pu that have quite a bright sound ie strato
Last edited by swinghead at Nov 9, 2007,
go with a rat or a metal muff
my gear:

guitar: Schecter c1 classic
amp: Engl fireball
box: Engl v30 4x12
effects: g-major
in future: ESP eclipse, PRS Custom 24...
The Doubleshot is the best out of those three - the MT-2 doesn't even belong on the same page, it's an appalling pedal. The Rocktron Silver Dragon is worth considering too, but the first thing you have to do is look at your amp, a pedal might turn out to be a lot less cost-effective than simply replacing the amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
check out blackstar valve pedals.

i have their overdrive and its really good. i tried the ht dist-x and its proper high voltage valve distortion aplenty. they have something for everyone with their range and they arent too pricey either. i got mine for £89 uk. about $180 us.
I'd say keep looking. If you do happen to like the EHX Metal Muff, I prefer the Nano Metal Muff over the other two Metal Muff units. It doesn't have the same options, but sounds better than the larger units.
Not sure what you mean by metal muffsorz

Are you saying this pedal is a good one also?...just wondering

Click Here
I'm not a huge Metal Muff fan like most of the people on this forum, but this pedal is not very reliable. When I worked at a music shop, this pedal came back A LOT! I had one kid return three brand new Metal Muffs before saying, "I'm going to go with something else." The pedal seems to fry or die on a lot of people. Which is why I recommended the Nano Metal Muff. I never noticed a problem with it and it sounded pretty decent, better than the two larger Metal Muff units.
yea thats the one we are talking about....though the rat is better imo
my gear:

guitar: Schecter c1 classic
amp: Engl fireball
box: Engl v30 4x12
effects: g-major
in future: ESP eclipse, PRS Custom 24...
Again thanks for the input

I guess maybe the metal muff is something to avoid since hearing that story of all the returns of that particular product.

Is this the Nano metal muff you are talking about thats a good pedal to buy...not sure which one it is.

Thanks for the info

Click Here
Ok thanks...so I guess since you have worked at a music store you know a thing or two so maybe I will get this pedal.

I was also wondering about this pedal...anyone know if its any good.

Click Here
I wouldn't go solely off of word of mouth. I'd highly recommend going to a local music store and trying them for yourself. Even when I worked at a music store, I always encouraged people to try what they thought they wanted before buying. Many times they'd end up leaving with something totally different.

The Metal Muff and the Big Muff are two totally different pedals. Go to musiciansfriend and at least listen to sound clips of the pedals. Search around on that site, you can listen to almost every pedal. If you find something that catches your interest, go and try one out for yourself before making a blind purchase.
I would go to the guitar shop to try them out however the service really isnt very good around here and everything is way over priced...I live in Nova Scotia Canada and there are only a few music stores around and they charge way to much for there stuff.

Thats why im ordering online form Ontario and or Edmonton...I can always return if I dont like it...Im just trying to see what everyone else is using and try and narrow down some of the choices...so much to choose from.

These are the Canadian websites I usually order my music gear from...I wont ever bother with the local stores anymore.

http://www.lamusic.ca/

http://www.axemusic.com/

Thanks again for the replies.

I will check out sound clips like you mentioned though...thanks

Click Here
Quote by lepermessiah22
im gunna say the metal zone. I own it myself. All of these pedals have a volume, treb, mid, distortion and bass knobs, but the metal zone is the only one that allows you to shape the mid frequency as well. The bass and treble knob are combined in one split knob (a knob and a ring around that knob, it's called shelving knobs) an the mid and mid freq knob are split in one knob. That can be pretty important in finding the exact sound you would like to get.

WOAH? How did so many n00bs get here while I was banned?
Anyway, TS, I suggest a EHX Metal Muff or Damage Control Demonizer if you have the money.