Well, first off, sorry I don't have images I took before it was done, I'm just using the stock images from when I bought it.

I had a host of problems once the floyd was on and trying to keep the action as low as possible & being able to have enough pull on it so I could get a good pitch up so I left the floyd slightly off-level and the action is perfect.

Locking nut is one of the Wonderbar locking nuts from Washburn I think, I had to get this seperate as I already had a floyd unit before I thought of putting it on an LP and you need the R4 nut I believe, I had an R2 and it didn't fit.

Routing is a little sloppy and I had to make the spring cavity angled so the springs wouldn't catch on the wood.
So instead of a flat cavity of ----- I had to angle it with a slight dip as it go to the trem block.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
People complain about the sustain being lost, I haven't lost any at all really.
The bridge & neck pups are being replaced anyways, some of Cord's pups I reckon.
Quote by demoniacfashion

Quote by Oasis-fanatic

Quote by human panda
omgosh, i wouldn't have done that to a les paul. i'd rather get another guitar with a floyd rose on it IMO. well, that's just me.
Ulquiorra Schiffer of THE BLEACH CLUB!

The Official UG Hate Crew member!

Love me because i'm an azn. hell yeah.
Quote by finalzz
omgosh, i wouldn't have done that to a les paul. i'd rather get another guitar with a floyd rose on it IMO. well, that's just me.

I just wanted something different to what all these people are getting around me.
Also Neil Schon is one of my guitar idols & I've got a Fernandes sustainer unit to fit to another Les Paul when I get it & another FR Unit.
Quote by demoniacfashion

Quote by Oasis-fanatic

Quote by human panda
Last edited by Kingyem0c0re at Jan 25, 2008,
haha i see. anyways, did you do it by yourself ? it's quite good by a beginner talking about les pauls with floyd roses, why don't you get a LTD kirk hammett series ? there's one black les paul fully equipped with a floyd rose & with skeleton inlays if i've not mistaken.

EDIT: here's the picture & specifications.

Construction / Scale- Neck-Thru-Body / 24.75"
Body- Alder
Neck / Fingerboard- 3 Pc. Maple / Rosewood
Nut Type / Width- FR Locking / 43mm
Neck Shape- Extra Thin U
Inlays- Skull & Bones
Frets- 24 XJ
Binding- None
Hardware- Black
Tuners- ESP-LTD
Bridge / Tailpiece- Floyd Rose
Pickups- EMG-81 Active set
Electronics- Vol / Vol / Tone / 3-way Toggle

Last edited by finalzz at Nov 9, 2007,
yeh but the LTD series are flattops not carved as in the Les Paul.

Good job though looks nice and it seems you could clean it up at a later date if needed.
Quote by bootyguard
Or when my parents found out that i was having sex in my car my mom let me know cause she started making me 2 sandwhiches i was like "why 2?" and shes like "well you've been doing a lot of exercise recently". my face literally looked like this
Quote by finalzz
haha i see. anyways, did you do it by yourself ? it's quite good by a beginner talking about les pauls with floyd roses, why don't you get a LTD kirk hammett series ? there's one black les paul fully equipped with a floyd rose & with skeleton inlays if i've not mistaken.

1, It's ****ing hideous cause it's a flat top, this isn't a fully arch top but it's get more arch than that of a Junior or Special, but not at much as a standard ect. which is why i'm not to happy with this, I'll get a few arch top ones and do the work to them.
2, It's Kirk's, bad enough.
3, Wtf, skeleton inlats :/
4, I don't like ESP/LTD really.
I'm not as such a beginner, but to the whole idea of custom work other than refinishing, I am really, I've only really repaired or done set-ups for people, truss rod work, headstock repairs ect.

Quote by Ashdownlover
yeh but the LTD series are flattops not carved as in the Les Paul.
Good job though looks nice and it seems you could clean it up at a later date if needed.

Yeah I will be tidying it up to, especially where the old stop tail piece went, I've filled the holes with Dowl ect and painted it and the trem cavity.
Quote by demoniacfashion

Quote by Oasis-fanatic

Quote by human panda
thats MINT! I'd love to do that with my LP.
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
You are simply the greatest person ever to walk this great planet.
oh okay. good luck your with les paul mods

Quote by slashVR
thats MINT! I'd love to do that with my LP.

Keep your hopes up, I may be selling it to fund for a new LP to do this again & a Kramer.
Quote by demoniacfashion

Quote by Oasis-fanatic

Quote by human panda
well finally someone who talks about putting a floyd in a [insert guitar here] finally frickin did it. post a good pic of the top of the body tho so we can actually see it :P
Quote by thesimo
well finally someone who talks about putting a floyd in a [insert guitar here] finally frickin did it. post a good pic of the top of the body tho so we can actually see it :P

what do you mean by the top body? like a birds eye view?
Quote by demoniacfashion

Quote by Oasis-fanatic

Quote by human panda
I think you did a good job, but I would highly advise putting a back plate on as you're routing job looks rough.
How did you do the route job on a carved top? and does it hurt that the floyd is flat? I mean i figure if the action is high enough it wont bother but im still a little messed up on all the specifics

Neal Schon is the shiznit...have you heard I on U?
Quote by powermetalg
Now you need to put a FR on the acoustic in the background

I could do it actually, now I know the specifics and sizes ect.
I'd need a solid block of wood going through the centre top to bottom & side to side though, which really, would give no acoustic properties in the end.

I'm planning on fitting one to a semi-acoustic/Electric Spanish style guitar soon too.
Quote by demoniacfashion

Quote by Oasis-fanatic

Quote by human panda
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
I could do it actually, now I know the specifics and sizes ect.
I'd need a solid block of wood going through the centre top to bottom & side to side though, which really, would give no acoustic properties in the end.

I'm planning on fitting one to a semi-acoustic/Electric Spanish style guitar soon too.

Nice... I think. Actually I often want a trem on my acoustic and I was thinking of getting a bigsby. I want to see if an FR is possible.
Nice job!

You could probably sand around the cavity to smooth the sides out. make it look a bit prettier.

Didnt Epiphone make a LP with a locking trem on it? or what?

PSN ID: ArranP
Quote by apmaman
Nice job!

You could probably sand around the cavity to smooth the sides out. make it look a bit prettier.

Didnt Epiphone make a LP with a locking trem on it? or what?

Yeah, the Goth Series with a horrible matt black paint job or the Studio in white with black hardware which I think was only available in america :/
Quote by demoniacfashion

Quote by Oasis-fanatic

Quote by human panda
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
Yeah, the Goth Series with a horrible matt black paint job or the Studio in white with black hardware which I think was only available in america :/

Good, so im not mad.

It would be a good muck about guitar I guess, the matt black is easy enough to change.

Congrats TS again. Good job!

PSN ID: ArranP