alright, ive been looking in to a new amp. i play mostly death/black/thrash metal, and i like very good distortion. i have seen two amps that caught my attention- the ENGL Savage 120 watt head, and the Marshall JVM 100 watt head, either would be paired with a Krank Revolution Cab. good bad or in between please say something
engl savage will be a great deal!!!
i would go for that one
my gear:

guitar: Schecter c1 classic
amp: Engl fireball
box: Engl v30 4x12
effects: g-major
in future: ESP eclipse, PRS Custom 24...
Quote by ipodmania7
alright, ive been looking in to a new amp. i play mostly death/black/thrash metal, and i like very good distortion. i have seen two amps that caught my attention- the ENGL Savage 120 watt head, and the Marshall JVM 100 watt head, either would be paired with a Krank Revolution Cab. good bad or in between please say something

alright dude if you an AMAZING ****ing amp just do what I'm doing (im 17 btw) save up the money and buy a "Marshall JCM800" half stack with all tubes, then get like a BOSS SD-1. You'll be in ****ing heaven!
ahmm....just dont do what the guy above me told ya

if your going to get one of those amp, you simply dont need a destortion pedal!!!
my gear:

I thought you could get a JCM800 with the money you can get Savage with? Anyway, from what I've heard/read, Engl amps tend to have great distortions.
Thats what Im saying dont waste your time, get a ****ing JCM800 I'm saving up for 2 of em, cause soon I'll be hitting the road and I want to be at the top of my game tone wise! MARSHALL kicks ass.
Quote by ozzyslayer
Thats what Im saying dont waste your time, get a ****ing JCM800 I'm saving up for 2 of em, cause soon I'll be hitting the road and I want to be at the top of my game tone wise! MARSHALL kicks ass.

No offense, but Marshall might not be the best if you're looking for a modern death metal/black metal tone. Also, why are you saving for 2 of them?
Quote by Fama
No offense, but Marshall might not be the best if you're looking for a modern death metal/black metal tone. Also, why are you saving for 2 of them?

The wall of Marshalls obsession that a lot of people have? It's like when people get a stack just so they can say "I have a stack so I'm cooler than you, combo boy (or girl)". I could be wrong, though.
Ever thought about trying Orange with a good OD Pedal?
Orange are primarily do what Marshall do, but better, with GOOD cleans too.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by sowhat360
peavey 5150II.....thats all there is to say

That's also worth considering if you don't need cleans.
Take it from me, Combos SUCK! they have jack **** for tone and they lack any presence, not my fault i hate crappy tone. Get a marshall, Krank, Mesa, Randall, any of those from my experience are great!
I'd opt for a Powerball over a Savage, though I've played a Powerball and not a Savage so I would say that. Superb amps and perfect for the type of extreme tones you're looking for - Samoth of Zyklon/Emperor uses one as his main amp these days I believe.

As for the person saying combos are rubbish... you're wrong, wrong, wrong.
"It's not a beard, it's an animal I've trained to sit very still" - Bill Bailey
Last edited by Jodimu at Nov 9, 2007,
thanks to everyone. i think im gonna go with the savage 120w head, but what is a good cab, cause i just found out from a friend that krank cabs arent the best for their price. any suggestions?
engl v30 you wont find a better one
my gear:

Quote by ozzyslayer
Take it from me, Combos SUCK! they have jack **** for tone and they lack any presence, not my fault i hate crappy tone. Get a marshall, Krank, Mesa, Randall, any of those from my experience are great!

Don't ever talk again, you narrow-minded...

Gah, I can't afford another ban. You get the picture.
Quote by webbtje
Don't ever talk again, you narrow-minded...

Gah, I can't afford another ban. You get the picture.

+1

Anyone who says combos suck is just being stupid.
Quote by dickeskind
engl v30 you wont find a better one

Those cabs are a dream but a Framus Cobra or Tech21 TM, both 4x12 and a 2x12 edition exists are better imo.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by ozzyslayer

if you hate crappy tone, then why do you like krank ?
Quote by The red Strat.
if you hate crappy tone, then why do you like krank ?

I'd also like to point out that some of the best-sounding amps ever made are combo amps. Things like the Fender Tweed Deluxe, Vox AC30, Roland Jazz Chorus. All combos. And those companies you listed happen to make excellent sounding combos. You're just being sillyyyy...

I can understand that you yourself may not like combos, and that's fine, but that doesn't mean they don't give you good tone.
man just ignore him....he is 17 and thinks that he can play guitar....

btt: get the savage together with a engl v30 and you will really be in ****ing heaven.....lol
my gear: