Hey guys, what are some good, be it old or new, reggae bands similair to the Peter Tosh/Bob Marley sound. Kickin it old school!
One Love

“One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain” -Bob Marley
listen to some sublime and some 311........311 "beyond the gray sky" in particular
I personally like the religious Reggae stuff. That's what alot of Bob's stuff was. Anyways, is Beyond The Gray Sky their album?
One Love

“One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain” -Bob Marley
I"m going to recommend the same bands that I have in the last 5 threads like this:

Desmond Dekker

Junior Murvin
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by lavazza
They don´t sound old scholl and I don´t like them, but maybe Bedouin Soundclash......they really don´t sound like the good old stuff

Bedouin Soundclash rules.
Start with some:

Toots and the Maytals (Get a collection mines caled "The very Best of Toots and the maytals and I recommend it.)
and then work you way to:

Lee "Scratch" Perry (Try Roast Fish, Collie Weed and Cornbread, it's my favorite.)
The Mighty Diamonds (Right on Time)
The Heptones (Party Time)
The Abyssinians' Satta Massagana is good and I think it is referenced in "Jimmy Jazz by the Clash.
Derrick Morgan (Moon hop collection or what not)
Gregory Isaacs
Desmond Dekker
Jimmy Cliff (Although anything that isn't"The Harder they Come" is not worth it.)
Something from Black Uhuru
Junior Murvin
Dr. Alimontado's Best Dressed Chicken is good too.
Maybe some Gladitors

etc.
You can't go wrong with stuff from Trojan records (They make great compilations) or Perry's Black Ark days.
If you want to get into reggae a good place to start is by getting the Trojan reggae comps. Then see what songs you like and get more of the artist.