hey i was wondering how good this guitar is & would it be worth getting, i play blues, rock, metal, & neo-classical
It's a good guitar. The only problem I have with it is that the trem just doesn't cut it for me. It's last you a long time, though, which is for sure. It'd pay it's self off over the years.
prs guitars are almost always the best option if you play lots of genres

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
great guitar for the money, It'll cover most anything you'd want to do. get some good locking tuners though if your gonna get happy with the trem.
im more of a les paul kind of guy, my friend was telling me to get this. it seem to be a good guitar
Last edited by Devilman2020 at Nov 9, 2007,
Go on you tube there is a guy from one of the guitar mags that does a review of it so you can hear what it sounds like I was watching it a couple of days ago. He had the double cut with the trem and the single cut with stop bar. I imagine if you put in the search bar PRS se review it should come right up.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
Every PRS SE (other than Singlecuts) have always been very underwhelming when I've played them.

Poor resonance and an almost toy-like quality.

If you want a similar guitar, check out the Michael Kelly Valor Custom T.

The pickups may not be hot enough for what you play though; they are pretty vintage voiced. A much more spectacular guitar than the PRS SE Custom, though.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll

If you want a similar guitar, check out the Michael Kelly Valor Custom T.

I am not trying to slam you, but do you get a kick back from Michael Kelly for every guitar they sell cus every thread I have seen where someone asks about a guitar you pop in and recomend these over whatever guitar they are talking about.
Ive owned 2 prs se models..one was the paul allender, the other was a se custom..honestly..for the price they are, there is much better available, the se line isnt comparable to a genuine prs..very overpriced imo
Quote by GOLDIE93
I am not trying to slam you, but do you get a kick back from Michael Kelly for every guitar they sell cus every thread I have seen where someone asks about a guitar you pop in and recomend these over whatever guitar they are talking about.

I should!

They just happen to be my favorite guitars in the price range that people are usually looking for.

Companies with lesser-known names have to make a better product at the same price than a well-known name; some way to differentiate themselves and capture some of the demand. That's why I tend to recommend some of the "small guys" - they make better guitars in my opinion.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
To Facingusall.
I agree 100% there are quite a few lesser known names out there that make a really decent product and you don't have to pay for the name on the headstock.

To thread starter
depending on what type of access you have to various music stores do some research on older threadposts by $ range and see what is out there. Personally I am a firm believer in play before you buy but certain companies are only avail online so check for the playability reviews to see if they fit what you are looking for and are comfortable with.