Hello all! My new guitar (Taylor big baby) seems to have a fret buzz problem, but it happens only when :

it only happens to the bass strings, and particularly the low E
        is this normal or it can be fixed? i find it quite annoying

thanks !
        1. are you saying that it buzzes when you do not press too firmly, or are you saying that you in general do not press too firmly?

2. do you mean when you slide your finger from one fret to another, hammer on to one fret to another, completely just change frets (i.e. a different finger altogether), or any combination/all of the above?

3. does it happen on only specific frets or all over the fretboard?

4. how old is the guitar? have you ever had it professionaly set up?
        -if so, what gauge strings did you have put on it at that point and have you changed the strings since then?
        -if not, have you changed the strings on the guitar since you bought it? what gauge strings are on it now?
        Thanks for looking into my problem!

1. it buzzes when I do not press too firmly

2.slide my finger from one fret to another. also hammer on to a fret causes some fret buzz too,
        basically, all of the above!

3. all over the fretboard, only the bass strings and particularly the low E

i bought it new only last week and i didn't change anything.. all factory setup, i think it's Elixir® Light Gauge Strings with NANOWEB® Coating
        there are some cases were you actually have your tap your fret down with a hammer. Maybe your pressing your finger on the fret.
        Quote by nasstyman
        i busted a g-string while fingering a minor...
        Quote by 18zzz18
        REPLY DUDE! YOU COULD BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE EARTH AND ALL OF MANKIND! (:
        0h @nd U M@Y H@V3 2 T@LK L1K3 TH1S..... 1TZ TH3 L@NGU@G3 0F TH3 FUTUR3
        Quote by RMC06
        My old band teacher once called me a penis wrinkle.
        hmm.. that's not the case because it happens when i hammer between two frets, not on the fret
        Well, first off, not pressing too firmly is always going to result in fret buzz, especially on acoustics, so you should practice pressing down firmly and/or improving your finger strength.

Next, you could possibly raise your action by getting someone to raise the nut or bridge. I don't know since i've never had the change the action my my acoustics. Also the frets might be a little unsmooth (if that's a word, heh), then you can file down your frets slightly, but that should be used as a last resort.

Not sure about the changing fret part, but hope that helps.
        Fender Highway 1 Strat
        Agile Septor Pro 725

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
        Axe-Fx Ultra

Trust me, I'm a medical student
        If it's new it should be still under warranty, take it to the shop you bought it from and have them check it out and it might need a better setup or a fret leveling. Many guitars need fret leveling when new, it's often not done or not done properly at the factory. But don't work on it yourself, keep your warranty intact and take it to the shop. The last thing you want is to void your warranty...
        Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
        Quote by Ratfish
        Well, first off, not pressing too firmly is always going to result in fret buzz, especially on acoustics, so you should practice pressing down firmly and/or improving your finger strength.

Not necessarily. Some guitars require you to absolutely pile pressure on the fretboard to make the note sound. Yes it should take more effort that an electric but still, too much is too much.
        thanks for the comments,,
        I went to the shop and the guy said that it is normal to have some buzzing when you slide from one fret to the other and he couldn't "fix" it

but i have a nylon-string guitar and it doesn't have the problem, so this happens to all steel-strings?