Ok, so I've found a pretty good deal on a head second hand (I know they aren't expensive to begin with but this is a spur of the moment thing).

The question I'm asking is:

Does the head drive as quickly as the combo?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8twAHspOw4

Or is that to do with the combo only having a 10".

Also, anyone suggest a 2x12" cab that would complement the sound.
Quote by Keef-is-king
Malmsteen would be prudish religious freak sex. No Hands, no looking down, all the technical bits and not very good for anyone involved.
The combo actually has an 8" speaker, and it's not great. Used to drive me nuts

If I were you I would get the head, especially if you're getting a good deal. And I'm not sure about a 2x12, but the VJ 1x12 is a pretty good cab for practically no money. I guess if you're in the US you could look at something like an Avatar, or if you're in Europe, a Harley Benton 2x12 (but make sure it's the one with Vintage 30s).
I'm in Aust. I want at least a 2x12" so I have the choice of using the VJ to jam with a drummer and still be able to hear myself.
Quote by Keef-is-king
Malmsteen would be prudish religious freak sex. No Hands, no looking down, all the technical bits and not very good for anyone involved.
lol Australia...prob should have put oz
Quote by Keef-is-king
Ah. Well, you might be able to get hold of a Marshall MC212 (make sure that the cab you get isn't MG!) for not too much money.
Thanks mate.
Quote by Keef-is-king
Hows the Vox V212BN sound?
Quote by Keef-is-king
Quote by perpetualmotion
Hows the Vox V212BN sound?

Probably better than the MC212.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.