i was wondering what would be a good electric guitar for a beginner but one that is still well built for around 200 bucks i looked on walmart website and they had a Yamaha EG112 six-string with one humbucking and two single coil pickups but i dont know if wal mart has the best quality musical instruments and i was wondering if anyone knew bout it here is a link

yamaha guitar
Last edited by bigheadkyle2 at Nov 9, 2007,
That's a decent first guitar.

I'm guessing you need an amp, also?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
it comes with an amp but i already have an amp for my acoustic but i want to get one with more settings with gain and distortion and echo and all that i just saw one on guitar centers website that i think might be better here is a link

epiphone guitar
Quote by bigheadkyle2
it comes with an amp but i already have an amp for my acoustic but i want to get one with more settings with gain and distortion and echo and all that i just saw one on guitar centers website that i think might be better here is a link

epiphone guitar

I'd stay away from the Special II.

Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
whats wrong with it cuz it got a 5 star on there but that could just be some a hole trying to screw everyone else over
Quote by bigheadkyle2
whats wrong with it cuz it got a 5 star on there but that could just be some a hole trying to screw everyone else over

Don't listen to reviews or rankings on the internet (especially on low end gear).

They are all made by people who are just happy to have new stuff, so they write glowing reviews of everything.
Quote by utsapp89
I like my Dean Vendetta. Just wish the strings were a little farther apart, but thats from 'babysitting' my friends Jackson. It came stock with a trem and I havent seen anything about that anywhere though... Kinda confusing me... Either way tax and all, it was $160ish.
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/