ok, so i just got my new Jay Turser SG, and my friend just got his Jay Turser Les Paul style (i know they are low brand, but they play great!), and we have been debating over which rocks harder, i know that his Les Paul can put out some wicked sound, but the SG to me seems to have the edge, i dont know why, but it just seems that when we play together i come out on top, he and i can play pretty much the same thing, and it just sounds like the SG has the Les Paul beat, we go through the same setup, and have the same settings on, it just has a different sound to it, can someone please shed some light on this subject?
They sound different?

Imagine that.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
ya its weird, cuz they have practically the same hardware too, nd its kinda that we both love our guitars, but they do sound somewhat different
Quote by Hubie1110
ya its weird, cuz they have practically the same hardware too, nd its kinda that we both love our guitars, but they do sound somewhat different

Yeah. They have different bodies.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Ok ready for this.
If you have something that you dont hate and you truely love (a gibson SG in your case) then maybe you'll want more but in most cases the thing means something to you you're going to think that it's better than anything anybody has to offer. But that doesnt make it the best.
I am unbiased in this since I own neither a Gibson SG or a Gibson Les Paul but i say the SG wins its a great guitar and a nice choice in buying but I'd say if you have enough money get yourself a les paul and try it too see what you like
I've both, and I think that their both evenly matched. The only perk about the SG is that its lighter and a bit bigger, and the only con to the les paul is that its smaller and must heavier (8 - 9 lbs.). So in the end, I guess you could say that the SG is better, though it always depends on your preference (what type of wood, pickups you want, etc).