... I want a pet lizard!

Not a big one, just a small one. Or maybe two small ones.

So anyway, I was wondering if anyone out there on UG has a lizard, and how much it costs/how much a tank costs/ how much food costs/what kind of lizard, so pretty much everything.

Cheers guys

Filth
Last edited by filthandfury at Nov 9, 2007,
You're going to be the weird old man that all the children in your town are afraid of who keeps several big lizards and calls them his babies, and threatens to kill children who knock on his door and run away. Don't do it.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
yay flowers and ****ing roses I want a pet lizard too, oooohh mummy a lizard for my tanks... yayayaa.....
metal
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
I want a gecko

They're so cute

I must admit, that kicks arse

My resourses tell me that's a Gold Dust Day Gecko, about £30.
Last edited by filthandfury at Nov 9, 2007,
Quote by filthandfury
I must admit, that kicks arse.

I concur.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by garrett5
my friend got a Bearded Dragon for Free.

It was badass.

Aren't those the one that can shoot blood from there eyes if the get scared?

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricsnake
if God was a chick then once a month the world would blow up
I used to have lizards. They were a pain in the ass because of the crickets I had to feed them.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
used to have leopard geckos. Its isn't the cost of the lizards its more the cost of the equipment you need. Check out how much your basic setup will cost first!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
I have a bearded dragon, its awesome, there amazingly gentle and timid animals (although there claws hurt like hell). The grow to about 18 inches long on average, which i dunno if you would classify as small or not on the grand scheme of things. My 4ft by 2ft tank cost about £100, which is like $200 or somethin, but in America everything is cheaper, and in scotland, we get ripped off for everything. I go through about £10 worth of food a week, £3 for a box of locusts, mealworms, super worms, waxworms etc. (i didnt read where you are from so i dunno if this helps cost wise.) You'll need a UVB bulb no matter what lizard you get unless he stays outside where its hot (again, i dunno where u live i didnt check) and they cost about £20, and need replacing every 6 months. Heat Bulbs too, but you can use cheap house 60/100 watt house bulbs, as long as it gives out heat. Oh, and AstroTurf, newspaper or slate tile are the best substrates for most lizards, cos if you use sand, they taste there surroundings and thus eat the sand, and can get impacted, which will mean it cant poop.

This is all from my experience owning a bearded dragon, but id imagine its the same for most lizards which are dessert dwelling like the bearded dragon, if you get a chameleon or something (which i will envy you for if you do) then its completely different.

Also, if the bearded Dragon does interest you go on www.beardeddragon.org, i went there for info before i bought my wee Turk. Hope that helps man.