I'm contemplating my next guitar purchase (Xmas present to meself), and I'm currently looking at this...

CONSTRUCTION/SCALE: Set-Neck / 25.5”
BODY: Mahogany w/ Raised Center & Sculptured Edge
NECK/FINGERBOARD: 3-pc. Mahogany w/Rosewood
FRETS: 22 Jumbo
INLAYS: Pearl Blocks
PICKUPS: Duncan Designed FG-101
ELECTRONICS: Vol/Tone/3 mini on-off-tap
BRIDGE: TOM w/ Bigsy B-50 vibrato
BINDING: Creme (neck, headstock)
TUNERS: Grover
HARDWARE: Chrome
COLOR: Vintage Wine Red (VWR)

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any local stores carrying this. I'm not too worried about playability because I already own a few, so I'm betting the feel isn't going to be all that different as far as the neck is concerned. BUT... I'm trying to get an idea of what the tone is like.

I'm looking for something a little more unique, different in tone to what I currently have, mainly to play around and try new stuff.

If anyone has sound clips of this guitar, that'd be great! Also, if anyone's got any suggestions on comparible guitars, or other unique guitars (been looking at Eastwoods too, but still have yet to get one in my hands to try), I'd appreciate it.

Oh, and since I'm looking at this to try something completely different, don't bother asking for what type of music I plan on using this for, but would appreciate if you mentioned the type of music your suggestion would be best for. And preferrably no more than $700USD.

THANKS!
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
I've played the PT Fastback with one of those mini-humbuckers in the neck.

It kind of has the P90s snarling warmth going on.

I think that guitar is awesome.

Or get an Eastwood Delta 6 .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
I've played the PT Fastback with one of those mini-humbuckers in the neck.

It kind of has the P90s snarling warmth going on.

I think that guitar is awesome.

Or get an Eastwood Delta 6 .

Don't recall ever seeing the Delta 6. Link?

I'm not very familiar with P90s unfortunately. Can you name a few songs where the guitarist uses those so I can get an idea of what they sound like?
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
My local guitar center had one gathering dust, someone finally bought it after a few months, never played it though.

Looks pretty cool, i'd only be concerned about the pickups, as in finding new ones that fit after you get tired of the stock duncan designed ones.
^
That's part of the reason why I want to hear soundclips if anyone's got them for this guitar. I'm not TOO concerned about getting replacements as I know SD has a few offerings that I should be able to find online.
Eastwood Delta 6.

It's basically a resonator with Piezos and a P90 in the neck.

P90s are like warm single coils/noisy humbuckers.

You really have to just play them to figure it out .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Does Anyone Know Where I Can Find A Set Up Manual For A Schecter Diamond Series Ultra Iii? I Tune To Drop C But I Just Want To Make Sure I'm Setting Everything Up Right

Thanks
thread jack, and caps lock usage. umm... anyways, there's a set-up sticky at the top of this forum. that'll be more help than most manuals.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"