Hello there, I just bought my Peavey 6505 head, and a Marshall cab, I'm loving it, but the cleans are kinda balls...

Anyone got any idea how I could improve them without having to buy a chorus pedal or anything?

Thanks
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Leave us a comment, we'll get back to you =]
Buy a chorus pedal.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
well a chorus is a modulation effect, not a clean thing. though it's used much more often on a clean setting.

I don't own one though. So I don't know. I have a Peavey valveking. YEah.
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
Nah man you gotta live with that shit, you must have heard they were going to be awful before you bought the amp? Best you can do is roll off on your guitars volume knob, use any effects you have got to hide the faggotry of the cleans, mainly though I would say just try and avoid playing clean! Or A/B another better amp or something
Diezel, Motherfucker
Chorus pedal (EHX small clone is what I'm aiming for) and possibly a delay/reverb pedal. An EQ would help too, and you have to be decent on the EQ- shame you only have one EQ (one of the reasons I love the extra one on my 6505+)
Also try rolling off the volume a little on the guitar
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
well, it doesnt' really have a true "clean channel". it's really not meant for that. and it's a waste of an amp like that to turn down the gain on the rhythm channel just to get cleans. idk man, if u want good clean tones, u might need to add a second amp to ur set up.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by Yngwi3
Chorus pedal (EHX small clone is what I'm aiming for) and possibly a delay/reverb pedal. An EQ would help too, and you have to be decent on the EQ- shame you only have one EQ (one of the reasons I love the extra one on my 6505+)
Also try rolling off the volume a little on the guitar

yeah a an eq would be a great way to get a cleaner sound out of that amp
i had the same problem with my 5150 (same amp different name) thats why im selling it!
I don't like as i lay dying
i use a chorus pedal on the clean channel and it doest sound too bad. im never getting rid of my 5150 II though....nothing else has enough gain+balls for me. i A/B my rivera thirty-twelve for cleans
hm, I might look into getting a chorus pedal then =]

any suggestions which one?
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

if you really wanna improve your sound than buy a g-major

i played the 5150 with the g-major and its incredible what it did with the clean tone!!!

you can get awsome cleans out of it!
my gear:

guitar: Schecter c1 classic
amp: Engl fireball
box: Engl v30 4x12
effects: g-major
in future: ESP eclipse, PRS Custom 24...
EQ it correctly.

Otherwise, check out modulation effects.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
who makes the g-major, cos googling it gives me theory website lol
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

I like the cleans on my 5150mkII.
Considering what amp I had before, it's a huge improvement. And they're not really that bad for cleans, its just the Fenders and Laneys and such are too good. :P

Also, Neck pickup. :P
Maybe get a delay pedal. I'd get a delay pedal over a chorus/reverb, because delay is just cooler IMO haha.

Look into the Line 6 echo park or the Electro Harmonix Memory Mans.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
yeah, I've been experimenting with different stuff, and I can get an alright sound, at LOW volumes, but I dunno about when I'm an band practice / gigs, and its at higher volumes =\

can anyone tell me about this g-major thing?
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Personally i think the Electro Harmonix POG could add great overtones to your clean sound and really add depth to your sound
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Quote by FNAFJ
yeah, I've been experimenting with different stuff, and I can get an alright sound, at LOW volumes, but I dunno about when I'm an band practice / gigs, and its at higher volumes =\

can anyone tell me about this g-major thing?

The highest I've pushed the volume as of yet on mine is about 2.3. Seemed loud enough for band practices. The cleans started breaking up a little easily, but I just turned the gain down and it was fine.
It's not like you're gonna be really hitting the strings for clean stuff, so for chords played gently and leads n stuff it shouldnt be a problem.
hmm, I've usually got the volume between 3 - 5, and like 0.25 in the house lol

So I supposed I'll see what like it is next band p =]

I might still look into getting a g-major, cos they seem pretty good.
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

If were talking about a TC Electronics G-major then they are pretty good. I wanted one myself for my 5150II, the only thing is Ive read you cant get a very good foot controller for it because the G-Minor isn't very good and the construction isn't too sturdy from the reviews Ive read either. But I havent tried it first hand.

EDIT:^^ Beat me to it!
TC Electronics makes the G-Major I think. It has a bunch of things like acoustic simulators, EQs...etc. I would get a good EQ pedal, or an acoustic sim to make it shine a bit.
you are just not eqing it in right. you realise there is gain on the clean channel right?. pre gain down and post gain up.
^ well on the 6505 the rhythm and the lead channel share a 3 band EQ...so what might sound good on the lead channel might sound horrible on the rhythm channel. Thats why I prefer the 6505+ since it has EQs on both channels.
out of the box, 6505 heads are biased way too cold, resulting in crappy cleans. You'll get improvements if you have it biased warmer. But still, its no Fender reverb.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers