should i get a epiphone les paul????

are they good and im willing to spend $350-400.

which one should i get?!??!
i got a standard for £299, very soild so far for me only been 4 months tho
i got one for $350, and i LOVE it. the neck was slightly bowed and the intonation was off when i got it but i fixed it all myself. it plays amazing, the stock pickups are pretty sweet. i know a lot of people say go with agile, so i would consider that too. but the epi is sick.
It depends on what you like. I plan on getting the Epiphone Les Paul Custom in the near future, but that will run you about $600 ($599.95). I have red some reviews, and so far they're all good. So, personally, yes I recommend the Les Paul, but like I said, it depends on your preferences. Some people complain that they are a bit heavy(weight), so if you like a light-weight guitar, I wouldn't get a Les Paul.
the epiphone les paul is a great guitar for any beginner or intermediate player who does not want to dish out the big bills for a gibson
Quote by Blktiger0
It depends on what you like. I plan on getting the Epiphone Les Paul Custom in the near future, but that will run you about $600 ($599.95). I have red some reviews, and so far they're all good. So, personally, yes I recommend the Les Paul, but like I said, it depends on your preferences. Some people complain that they are a bit heavy(weight), so if you like a light-weight guitar, I wouldn't get a Les Paul.

epiphones arn't that heavy at all compared to gibsons
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Theyre good guitars, Ive played on alot of them, though I do own a high end LP($950)
Michael Kelly Patriot Vintage

Better build quality, electronics, pickups, comfy neck, and sexy looking to boot.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I have one (standard) and love it! I plan on keeping it for about a year or so, then trading it in for a gibson...but still, it's a great guitar, switch out the pick ups and it's almost gibson level.
^your gonna have to pay a whole bunch of money plus trade your guitar if you want to trade an epi for a gibson...

nonetheless, i love my epi LP classic quilt top...

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Personally i'm getting an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top - Honeyburst for my son.

We went to GC, he saw it on the wall and fell in love with the color and the sound...looks a lot like the old '59 bursts...and it looks a lot like jimmy page's.

Only downside is that we asked there were two marked honey burst, and one was a lot darker then the one my kid liked. We asked a salesperson and he said that unfortunately if we were to order one it's pretty much a gamble which shade it would be. Part of me wants to just get the one off the wall, neck was straight and it wasn't roughed up plus the salesperson said it was brand new...only thing that was really wrong with it was the rubber piece on the pickup switch was missing.

They are indeed great pieces of equipment, I'd trust a family member of gibson before any other company making copies.
Quote by insanity_666
should i get a epiphone les paul????

are they good and im willing to spend $350-400.

which one should i get?!??!

No
Its the early bird that gets the worm
But the second mouse that gets the cheese

Hey Jihad Joe I'm Comin for Ya!
Quote by shredhead22
epiphones arn't that heavy at all compared to gibsons
Depends which model. Is an Epi Junior as heavy as a Gibson Junior? No, it's far lighter. Is a mahogany Epi LP (e.g. Custom, new Standard) as heavy as fellow mahogany Gibson (e.g. Standard, Classic, etc)? Yes. In fact I have an Epi LP Custom that's heavier than either of my Gibsons.

Anyway. If you can try out a bunch of Epis (at least 7 or 8; preferably 12 or 13) and hand pick out the very best one you can find, then yes, go for it. If you can pick the very best one, an Epi LP will be far, far superior to any other LP in the price band - yes, even better than Tokai, Vintage, Agile and Edwards.
However, if you can't try out that many, if you have to order online or if you just plain don't find one of the rare 'super' Epis, then they are not worth the risk, don't touch them.
Also bear in mind, all low-end Epis (Studio, 100, Junior, Special-II) are always horrible, period.

Generally speaking, I rank them as thus:
Hand picked superior Epiphone >>>> Tokai > Vintage >> Edwards and Agile >>>>>>> run of the mill Epi/Epi ordered online/etc.
At the moment i've got an Epi Les Paul standard, its a pretty good guitar for me, ive only been playing about 7-8 monthes. Not sure how more experienced players find it.
Get an Epiphone Standard Plaintop, mahogany body and around $400 new...

I love my standard plus and it's a pretty good guitar for what you pay I suppose.

Also like everyone else said, hand pick the Epiphone. Try a bunch of then and find the right one that plays and sounds good.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by FacingUsAll
Michael Kelly Patriot Vintage

Better build quality, electronics, pickups, comfy neck, and sexy looking to boot.

+1875463735
Also... see if you can score a Washburn WI66 pro for that price.

Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

i love my gryphon (schecter) it has a mahogany body as well as a beautiful flamed maple top and coil taps for versatility you should atleast try it.
your gonna hear this alot but check out the agile AL series anything above a 2500 model will be better then an epiphone unless u get a high end one or an elitist. or check out some micheal kelly patriots i hear there really good i personally jsut dont like the look
The Epi's rock mate.

I got a standard for £259 and put burstbucker 1 + 2 pickups in it for the classic '59 standard sound. Best guitar i ever heard or played