Page 1 of 3
Hello UG'ers and other creatures that walk this earth,

Do you "people" believe in stuff like Vampires? God? Angels? Witches? Or other "supernatural" beings? Is there something out there?
Or is it just us, and the animals from next door?

I do believe!
Last edited by sidious at Nov 9, 2007,
No.
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

But really it's cos she got fat!

No fat chicks !
Since when has God and vampires been in the same category?
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by denizenz
I believe in the Religion Thread.

What do vampires and witches have to do with religion?
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

But really it's cos she got fat!

No fat chicks !
Quote by Dinkydaisy

they are both creatures from which the existance is unknown!
Quote by Dinkydaisy

the only connect i can think of is neither have scientifically been proven to exist

i dont believe in any of those, except "vampires". there's some disease humans can get that makes your gum line recede (making your canine teeth look lager), your skin pale, and your finger nails grow unusually fast. i think old doctors mistaked that for vampires, other than that it's all BOLLOCKS
Quote by Dinkydaisy

They're both products of our own mind, who's existance can't be proved.
Quote by denizenz
Ask the wiccans.

But that's their religion, we know their religion exists.
He just wants to know if we believe in aspects of the religion, not if the thing exists.
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
They're both products of our own mind, who's existance can't be proved.

what if they are not?
although most people here are athiest
i believe there is a god and some sort of afterlife,
im not convinced in the heaven/hell theory tho

as for witches and vampires, not a chance
I believe in some kind of "Being" because life and everything in it seem too complex - i also have faith and believe in destiny but i find it weird that the word BELIEVE has LIE in it...so typical of life really.
I believe in YO FACE!. Nah, seriously though, why is this on a guitar forum?
Quote by tunnock

the pit?
Quote by tunnock

It's not. It's in the pit.

And I believe in some of the supernatural, but not much.
Quote by Reduced_Fat
although most people here are athiest
i believe there is a god and some sort of afterlife,
im not convinced in the heaven/hell theory tho

as for witches and vampires, not a chance

So you believe in someone who can create this world? But not someone who has the ability to... regenerate... read your mind... or something?
Quote by grantml02
What do vampires and witches have to do with religion?

Salem Witch Trials!!!

The undead myths in general are result of religious paranoia. People used to stake the dead so they wouldn't rise again, that's where the vampire myth arises.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
i believe in a higher being, but not so much a god. i think there was some sort of creature that "creatred" or brought chaos of the universe into stars/planets/ somewhat stable masses. i dont think there's a creature that watches us and if we pray to it will alter the course of our life, give us miracles, or guide us. i actually think that as humans we wouldnt even be able to comprehind or understand anything that higher being did, because our brains arent evolved enough. kinda like talking to your cat, it's never going to understand why you do things or what you say because it's brain simply cant reach a level of intellegence as high as yours.
Quote by hethamulburton
Salem Witch Trials!!!

The undead myths in general are result of religious paranoia. People used to stake the dead so they wouldn't rise again, that's where the vampire myth arises.

Thank you.
Quote by denizenz
Thank you.

Not a problem.

I dont believe in heaven or hell, god or satan, I think the only reason we die, is because we accept it....as an inevitability *gasps*.

On the other hand, I believe in Aliens and Ghosts. Aliens cos im 4000% sure i saw a spaceship once, and ghosts cos there was one at my primary school, a janitor fell through the roof and died...mysterious goings on after that.
Quote by sidious
Hello UG'ers and other creatures that walk this earth,

Do you "people" believe in stuff like Vampires? God? Witches? Or other "supernatural" beings? Is there something out there?
Or is it just us, and the animals from next door?

I do believe!

i dont even want to list all the things wrong with this statement.

ok, i'll say one thing: you believe in God... but as a supernatural being in the same category as vampires and witches.

your parents must be proud.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Quote by jim_stewart89
I dont believe in heaven or hell, god or satan, I think the only reason we die, is because we accept it....as an inevitability *gasps*.

On the other hand, I believe in Aliens and Ghosts. Aliens cos im 4000% sure i saw a spaceship once, and ghosts cos there was one at my primary school, a janitor fell through the roof and died...mysterious goings on after that.

I'd hate to break it to you, but you believing in ghosts= a theism, not atheism.

Quote by hethamulburton
I'd hate to break it to you, but you believing in ghosts= a theism, not atheism.

no atheism means you don't believe in a god, many people who believe in ghosts think it is some sort of natural phenomena that can't yet be explained by science.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
no atheism means you don't believe in a god, many people who believe in ghosts think it is some sort of natural phenomena that can't yet be explained by science.

This depends on how you define the word ghost.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

Like denizenz said, a ghost is most often looked at as the departed, stuck soul of a dead person: said to prove existence of an afterlife. There's only one being I know of that is in anyway tied directly to an afterlife: God. So, a non belief of God, should yield a non belief in ghosts in this manner, otherwise you are being a hypocrite.

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
ok, i'll say one thing: you believe in God... but as a supernatural being in the same category as vampires and witches.

your parents must be proud.

why wouldn;t they be? ...
Quote by sidious
why wouldn;t they be? ...

Witches and vampires are guaranteed man made.

God is just suspected of being man made.

The notion you can't be a Christian if you believe in ghosts just goes to show how backward thinking some people can still be.
I believe. I mean wouldn't it be kool. I mean it is awesome i have a key to a haunted house.. a ghost would take this ladies jewels and then returne them before sun set... and my dad aunt us to have a ghost... it would take out all the dishes, cup and other objects out to the cabinets and set them on the table/every night/ and she put them up every morning... I believe.. it is fun to believe in something that isn't there. keeps life instresting. and god is the same i mean u can't see him IRL Right here and now but ppl still believe and is there a haven? i mean i have u ever seen can u prove it is there? it is the same with ghost and vampires and that sorta stuff. i have had a ghost incounter in my life. a few small ones. so i mean.. i believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricsnake
if God was a chick then once a month the world would blow up
Quote by Jackolas
The notion you can't be a Christian if you believe in ghosts just goes to show how backward thinking some people can still be.

Where is this coming from?

Most Christians I know do believe in ghosts.

Quote by hethamulburton
Like denizenz said, a ghost is most often looked at as the departed, stuck soul of a dead person: said to prove existence of an afterlife. There's only one being I know of that is in anyway tied directly to an afterlife: God. So, a non belief of God, should yield a non belief in ghosts in this manner, otherwise you are being a hypocrite.

What the hell? You know of only one thing . And that's the only answer?

I think you can believe in ghost's and not in god.

The theory that someone suddenly appeared and made this all, is quite hard to believe.
But that ghost's exist? That we live on after this life? I think the second is easier to believe.
Quote by ?¿? Skipppy ¿?¿
I believe. I mean wouldn't it be kool. I mean it is awesome i have a key to a haunted house.. a ghost would take this ladies jewels and then returne them before sun set... and my dad aunt us to have a ghost... it would take out all the dishes, cup and other objects out to the cabinets and set them on the table/every night/ and she put them up every morning... I believe.. it is fun to believe in something that isn't there. keeps life instresting. and god is the same i mean u can't see him IRL Right here and now but ppl still believe and is there a haven? i mean i have u ever seen can u prove it is there? it is the same with ghost and vampires and that sorta stuff. i have had a ghost incounter in my life. a few small ones. so i mean.. i believe.

if you believe in god (which i dont, for the record) then that is something called "blasphemy" which is an issue for a young christian (correct?) gentlemen such as yourself. and if your parents are god fearing christians as well, then they might perform an exorcism on you or something... whatever the hell you damn god-lovers do to people who dont believe what they are told.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Page 1 of 3