NO!

They're not real drum kits...

*sits in the corner, overreacting*
Cam Sampbell's my hero
they are really good for portablility and for sound quality, but they just dont feel the same.
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group
Me and my dad are thinking of buying that to my little brother (for christmas) since everyone in the family goes like nuts when he starts playing with the bigger ones. So yeah, I'd like to know a good starter kit too
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by Hultan
Me and my dad are thinking of buying that to my little brother (for christmas) since everyone in the family goes like nuts when he starts playing with the bigger ones. So yeah, I'd like to know a good starter kit too

all the ones i've seen are pretty expensive
I originally wanted to be a drummer, not a guitarist, but I live in an apartment building where they flip out at the littlest noise. Electric drums seem like a decent alternative though. Hmmmm.
Yeah I bet, especially if you live in a small apartment it will hit two flies in one hit!
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
hey yeah i've got a Yamaha DTXpress II which i pretty good, it has a drum module with over 100 songs and voices, you can record with it too, it has 3 tom toms, a snare pad, a kick and 1 hi hat and 1 crash and 1 ride pads. I find i really great and the rest of the yamahas are good too i've heard. So anything in the line of yamaha drums are ok.
I think i paid around 300 for it or something, not too sure.
They don't feel like real drums, but they do have advantages.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Yeah, but what do you mean like "they don't feel like real drums", do you mean like it's so bad that if you get used to electric it will be hard to switch over to acoustic and play just as good? please don't call it a stupid question because I've no idea about drums I've never touched drum sticks (once at school or something)
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
LOL I know this guy who works at guitar center. He's a drummer and all day he just plays on this $6,000 electronic drum set. He's really good too.
Alright great to know that it's also used by pros, I didn't know that actually. But does anyone knows a good starter kit for my little brother? (he's like a beginner)
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by Hultan
Yeah, but what do you mean like "they don't feel like real drums", do you mean like it's so bad that if you get used to electric it will be hard to switch over to acoustic and play just as good? please don't call it a stupid question because I've no idea about drums I've never touched drum sticks (once at school or something)

they don't have any bounce to them, but if you learn on an electric kit you'd probably be fine

also, there's less dynamics, and subtlety
Quote by pimpinazndude
^ wut he said

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
Quote by christie_goes
hey yeah i've got a Yamaha DTXpress II which i pretty good, it has a drum module with over 100 songs and voices, you can record with it too, it has 3 tom toms, a snare pad, a kick and 1 hi hat and 1 crash and 1 ride pads. I find i really great and the rest of the yamahas are good too i've heard. So anything in the line of yamaha drums are ok.
I think i paid around 300 for it or something, not too sure.

+1
me too, its a great kit, worth the money.
i've messed around on some electric drumsets at GC a few times, you can do some pretty cool stuff with them sound wise that you obviously can't do with an acoustic set. althought acoustics are great for annoying neighbors that piss you off (yes i partake in such activity daily)
Dont do it!!!! i beg you, please. electric drums = no!! i hate them. you can't add onto them. they suck. bad!
Lol okay.

Oh and hey sorry christie_goes, thought that orange text was your signature or something Anyway, I'll check into that Yamaha DTXpress.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
I have played Yamaha's, they are ok, Roland's rule. I prefer the feel of real drums to electric, but for practice, they are good, and for sound effects in live shows they are sweet too.
Main Gear:
guitars;
Gibson LPJ
Squire CLASSIC VIBE Stratocaster 60's
PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone Sheraton II

amps;
Bugera 1990, 6260
Egnater Tweaker
Whoa, okay guys! Enough of my hyper moments, I just saw...

That someone is selling a Yamaha DtXplorer in Stockholm (near where I live!), for 5.200 Swedish crowns (about 560 euros), is this a good price? I don't know if it's used or not though, it may be brand new by reading the announce he says:

"They're selling this one in the stores but if you wanna save some cash you can buy it from me instead with the reciept and everything".
It may have been used a little though I think.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Last edited by Hultan at Nov 9, 2007,
Quote by Xeus
wow this has been really helpful, that yamaha one sounds pretty good.. if anyone knows any good ones for around £300.. (thats like $520 or something) it be great if you could let me know

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Simmons-SD5K-Electronic-Drum-Kit-?sku=443369

this is an alright kit, I've tried it out, for $400 its a good deal. I wouldn't go any lower than that though. I still say the Yamaha is the best kit you can get for $800-900 though.