Page 1 of 2
Today, I started something called Headbands for Peace. Everyone who wanted peace and were against war wore bandanas. So we all wore headbands in our school, and the vice principle told us to take them off. We were pretty pissed and we were like "You're seriously going to refuse us the right to show our feeling towards peace?" As a result, he handed out suspensions for everyone who didn't take them off. Is the the most bull**** thing you've ever heard? ********
Not really.. Maybe you should have asked him first?
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Does you school have uniforms? If not, I'd fight it.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by ICEMANN999
Today, I started something called Headbands for Peace. Everyone who wanted peace and were against war wore bandanas. So we all wore headbands in our school, and the vice principle told us to take them off. We were pretty pissed and we were like "You're seriously going to refuse us the right to show our feeling towards peace?" As a result, he handed out suspensions for everyone who didn't take them off. Is the the most bull**** thing you've ever heard? ********

You might have had a gang color on. I could see that happening. If your school has a no gang and or no hat policy you are dicked and should just comply with the rules. You will not win against them.
REMEMBER REMEMBER THE 8TH OF NOVEMBER!! I SURVIVED 4CHAN'S INVASION!!
Uneeded Praising Section:
Quote by The_Hottest_Day
Why didnt you get cable-less mics?

Quote by Oldmonkeys
lol good call

Quote by Kensai
^
^ That was at me so yes it is praise.
im sure you could have represented your feelings towards peace without going against school/uniform rules
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Quote by ICEMANN999
we're in a town where the word gang does not exist, no uniforms either

Then it was the hat policy. If it was not a religious headpiece, again, you are dicked.

Quote by Dave-arino
i think they did that in an episode of lizzie mcguire

LOL If they did. Then not only are you dicked but your a fag too.
Quote by The_Hottest_Day

Quote by Oldmonkeys
lol good call

Quote by Kensai
^
Well did you guys do remembrance day ceremonies today at school?
Because we had ours and anyone that was wearing a hat got suspended if they didn't take it off, so maybe thats why?
you just being ignorant..seriously. you have to tell your principal. freedom of speech or expression doesn't apply when you're in school.
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
Quote by ICEMANN999

^there was a supreme court case back during the Vietnam war about this, and they won, you should take this to court. That is a violation of your First Ammendmant Rights You have to fight this, it's not fair to take someone's free speech away like that
well first of all your idea was pretty stupid, seeing as bandanas around the head are sortof an image that is synonymous(sp?) with gangs. But if you can find a better idea, maybe just try wearing the bandana around your wrist. For some reason i always think of a picture i saw somehwere of someone with a bandana around there wrist protesting, and it was a really powerful image.
There's probably a rule against hats in your school. School rules override the first amendment. Sorry.

Oh and bandannas?! Wtf. Thats a universal gang symbol, whether or not it exists in your school or town.
A mass group of people wearing headbands will only cause trouble in the long run. Much safer to not have your school running amok than allowing potential trouble to brew.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
If your school is like everyother school you probably weren't allwed to wear something on your head in the first place...
You should have gone to your principal and asked him. He probably would have said yes and even promoted it for you. I'm not sure what country you live in, but here in America that stuff is perfectly acceptable because of the Bill of Rights. As long as you gain permission first though either through your school administrators, or if it is a public protest you must get a permit.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
my only problem is that im suprised the principle completely shot us down with an axe for standing up for something we believe in
Yeah...that can almost be classified as some gang-ralated blah blah blah in schools now. Sucks. But ya can't do anything about it. If ya really believed in the whole peace thing, you should've worn them anyways...sorry.
Why look a man in the eye when you can shoot him in the back?

If you can't convince them; confuse them.

Quote by smb
I think anyone who hasn't cheated hasn't lived.
if you're pro-peace, just make sure not to hit anyone in the process of being owned by school.

edit:
Quote by ICEMANN999
my only problem is that im suprised the principle completely shot us down with an axe for standing up for something we believe in

i want one of those axes please.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
you have no idea who our principle is.......he's just a loser, everyone hates him
Quote by feenxfire
Yeah...that can almost be classified as some gang-ralated blah blah blah in schools now. Sucks. But ya can't do anything about it. If ya really believed in the whole peace thing, you should've worn them anyways...sorry.

I agree. Otherwise it seems like you just attempted it to piss of the principal, even if that wasn't the case. and he called your bluff.
Quote by ICEMANN999
you have no idea who our principle is.......he's just a loser, everyone hates him

Yet he runs a school that provides you with a means of social contact and a good education.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Sol9989
if you're pro-peace, just make sure not to hit anyone in the process of being owned by school.

edit:

i want one of those axes please.

Seconded. Also even if your principal was Barney the Dinosaur he is the authority in your school and you must respect his decisions.
Quote by The_Hottest_Day

Quote by Oldmonkeys
lol good call

Quote by Kensai
^
Ask him if he knows what Ticker v. Des Moines is. You should probably do a little research first though. It was when a bunch of people in different Des Moines schools wore armbands to protest the Vietnam war. Disciplinary action was taken against students who refused to remove the armbands, and the students appealed it. The case eventually reached the supreme court, where a decision was handed down that a student's right to freedom of speech covered nonverbal speech, which is what the armbands were. The students won the case, and it set a precedent that schools may not refuse a student's right to nonverbal speech, so long as it is disruptive to the educational environment.

In short, the Supreme Court says you can do it. Your principal is a bitch. Just bring up Tinker v. Des Moines and whatever his argument is stands groundless. However, being a whiny bitch and going around saying "What the fuck" will not get anything accomplished.
Ok here's the full story. We'ed been planning this event for about 2 weeks. Most of our teachers agreed with this. So we put our headbands on halfway through the day. We go to lunch we're we get sent to the principles office for refusing to take them off. SO we go back and forth for a bit, and he finally convinces us to take them off if we got a day the following week where we could wear them for peace. about 20 minutes later, the vice-principle (the bastard one) says that we have 2 days in school suspension after we had already taken them off. One kid got 2 days out of school suspension. That pains me
Quote by ColdNovembeRain
Ask him if he knows what Ticker v. Des Moines is. You should probably do a little research first though. It was when a bunch of people in different Des Moines schools wore armbands to protest the Vietnam war. Disciplinary action was taken against students who refused to remove the armbands, and the students appealed it. The case eventually reached the supreme court, where a decision was handed down that a student's right to freedom of speech covered nonverbal speech, which is what the armbands were. The students won the case, and it set a precedent that schools may not refuse a student's right to nonverbal speech, so long as it is disruptive to the educational environment.

In short, the Supreme Court says you can do it. Your principal is a bitch. Just bring up Tinker v. Des Moines and whatever his argument is stands groundless. However, being a whiny bitch and going around saying "What the fuck" will not get anything accomplished.

I sort of agree with you. But many schools have rules that say you can not wear anything on your head such as a hat or bandanna. In the Ticker vs. Des Moines case they were wearing the bands around their arms. I don't agree with it, but w.e
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Tinker v. Des Moines still stands. Your principal, the non-bastard one, seems to realize this and is merely negotiating a time when it will be expected. Go tell the bastard VP to go look up Tinker v. Des Moines on wikipedia.
it doesn't seem fair, but the way you put them on seems kind of over dramatic. I really don't understand the point of wearing something saying you're for peace; I don't mean to sound like a douche, but wearing armbands/headbands does not really accomplish anything. I suppose you could write to local media and tell your story; that'd bring attention to the issue of peace/stir dialogue, so I guess in this case it might work out.
Quote by Dave-arino
i think they did that in an episode of lizzie mcguire

I lol'd some!
Quote by jimmyjimjim
it doesn't seem fair, but the way you put them on seems kind of over dramatic. I really don't understand the point of wearing something saying you're for peace; I don't mean to sound like a douche, but wearing armbands/headbands does not really accomplish anything. I suppose you could write to local media and tell your story; that'd bring attention to the issue of peace/stir dialogue, so I guess in this case it might work out.

yeah ya know, who really cares anyway, it's not like anyone has to stand up for what they believe in.
maybe i am, maybe i am. I'd rather be a dumbass my whole life than hide in the shade.
Hippy anyone??? But yeah,it was probably gang colours...
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Page 1 of 2