the link isn't working
Gear:
Ibanez RG121
Ibanez GTA15R Amp
red Allegro nylon-strung acoustic of unkown model

Quote by Mechanix

We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

^
Link doesn't work...ffs.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Link don't work buddy.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
I've read about this before...

My only concern would be in a band situation (not that I myself am in one). Generally, shouldn't the instruments be tuned using, if at all possible, the same type of tuner (at least the stringed instruments anyway)?

I don't have any real band experience, but those people that I know are in one, mentioned that to me because it keeps everyone at the same tuning, and supposedly different tuners can be off a couple degrees or whatnot between different brands. Again, I don't know for sure, but that's the first thing that came up in my head reguarding this guitar.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Gibson > Any other guitar company
James "The Rev" Sullivan
1981-2009
May He Rest In Peace
it's going to be super expensive :x

not that i want one.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
just buy a freakin' tuner
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Has anyone seen that new strat thats meant to be like it, changes tuning with the turn of a nob
Tuning isnt difficult. My strat only needs to be tuned like once a week and it takes me about 30 seconds to tune it. Knowing Gibson it'll probably cost eight-million dollars.

I love the color.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Ahh, bastard gibson wankers +more swearing, trying to steal points off fender.
20% silver fretwire... WTFs the point D=

Anyone that buys that is just plain silly.
I like how it says 'the four control knobs seem to be indistinguishable from those on any other Les Paul' - whaa? one of them is silver, with a glowing LED in the top of it - really 'indistinguishable'
Seems entirely unnecessary.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
Search button? I've seen this thread a couple of times.

But anyways, I think it's cool, albeit an unnecessary luxury.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Looks cool but it also seems pointlessly expensive, why not spend the money on higher quality woods...

Anywho i've seen Jimmy Page using some sort of self tuning guitar in the 90's, forgot the name but i've been to their site before. So it doesn't seem like some sort of new idea...
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Nov 9, 2007,
i hate the way they can't string a sentence together without saying robot guitar, we're not 5, we're not going to buy it just becasue they say it's a robot!!! Still though, it really is an excellent idea, although they're just trying to outdo Fender who had the idea first with the strat with the roland pickup in it...can't remember the name of it tho
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Quote by Bossman123
i hate the way they can't string a sentence together without saying robot guitar, we're not 5, we're not going to buy it just becasue they say it's a robot!!! Still though, it really is an excellent idea, although they're just trying to outdo Fender who had the idea first with the strat with the roland pickup in it...can't remember the name of it tho

The VG stratocaster I think, and like I mentioned earlier i've seen Jimmy using self tuning Gibsons in the 90's which I think some other company did. So the idea probably isn't all that new.
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

I was the first to post this! The only one. oh well....
Quote by nasstyman
i busted a g-string while fingering a minor...
Quote by 18zzz18
REPLY DUDE! YOU COULD BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE EARTH AND ALL OF MANKIND! (:
0h @nd U M@Y H@V3 2 T@LK L1K3 TH1S..... 1TZ TH3 L@NGU@G3 0F TH3 FUTUR3
Quote by RMC06
My old band teacher once called me a penis wrinkle.

Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Nov 9, 2007,
It has lovely colours, very nice looking but....I wouldn't buy one.

I have a tuner in my effects pedal, so, what's the point!?
I would like to make a statement that Fender and Gibson though the are using the same idea, have completely different styles and sounds. This would be the reason for Gibson also adopting the idea, not just for stealing it from Fender.
When it comes down to it, the real point is, Do you get tired of tuning to all your different tunings? If you're a lazy musician (Which most true musicians are) then this would obviously be the way to go. The only compromise is the fact that more attention is put into the computers than the guitar itself and repairs? That's a joke. It must be insane! Still, it's all a matter of personal preference.
Same idea, different method though. the gibson actually retunes the guitar, as opposed to the VG, which uses a roland pickup for each string, and digitally detunes/tunes up each string.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

why waste more money when you can buy a decent gibson and a tuner? and does anyone know the price on this guitar?
Page was one of the very first people to use transperformance - superb idea that works well, one day when i have enough money, im getting that for a Les Paul
I like the triple bridge thing, it's like a D-Tuna, with two more settings, and for every string.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Quote by Bossman123

Really? Cause the fact that it's a robot guitar is a big selling point for me.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead