Page 1 of 6
I used to not mind it but in the U.K, I think it's getting out of control. Every month there is a new flavor of the month band called 'the somethings' who churn out another album of samey boring indie and all the magazines tout it as revolutionary or compare them to the sex pistols or the Beatles, even call them pop poets and then the next month they forget all about them or call the ****. When will people stop believing the music medias hype because they just seem to fall for the same old **** over and over.
Stop being so damn tame. Stop trying to be a look like average boring joes with regional accents. I want some escapism and passion. I've never scene such conformists in my life .
Will NME and all it's seed stop hyping formulaic bands bands the throwing them away. Like factory produced condoms.

I just had to get that out.
Try living in Texas, and hating modern Country.....The CMAs were on recently, so I hade to hear about mediocre artist after mediocre artist.
You probably mean all these bands NME label "indie" because they are too stuck up to refer to them as pop or pop-rock.

The only redeeming feature of NME is they've been championing Gallows who can be pretty sweet.
Better yet, live in North Carolina...we have so many piss-poor metalcore/screamo bands it's mind-boggling. And what's worse is I like metalcore...but this state is ruining it for me...
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Quote by Acidshred

Will NME and all it's seed stop hyping formulaic bands bands the throwing them away. Like factory produced condoms.

1. You try to hard.
2. THAT is the worst simile I've seen in a long time
3. There are home-made condoms now?
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by The Madcap
Try living in Texas, and hating modern Country.....The CMAs were on recently, so I hade to hear about mediocre artist after mediocre artist.

I'm from South Carolina, so I'm in the same boat there. Every band sounds the ****ing same to me, I can't ever tell the difference. Although I'm sure they could say the same to us...

Yeah, Indie and "Indie" are two different things. You're thinking of pop-rock that's been labeled indie because it's "trendy." In reality, Indie is stuff like The Pixies, Sonic Youth, even Neutral Milk Hotel. That's good music, not that **** that they make into a packaged product and sell to millions who'll forget it the next day.
In an interstellar burst! I am back to save the universe...
Quote by Ur all $h1t
1. You try to hard.
2. THAT is the worst simile I've seen in a long time
3. There are home-made condoms now?

I wrote the thread in under 30 seconds at whim. If anything I try hard enough.
P.s Their have been homemade condoms since at least several thousand years, they received much use in classical brothels. Look it up.
It's not that you hate "indie" bands.

They really hate you, they are out to get you, they become popular just to spite you. They want you to commit suicide. It's their only purpose in life.

Seriously though, you are intolerant and have a persecution complex.
Quote by confusius

They really hate you, they are out to get you, they become popular just to spite you. They want you to commit suicide. It's there only purpose in life.

Not really I just had a bad day.
Quote by confusius

They really hate you, they are out to get you, they become popular just to spite you. They want you to commit suicide. It's their only purpose in life.

Listen to this guy, he knows what he's talking about.

He's Spanish, but he has a Chinese philosopher's name.
And not only that, it's spelled wrong...

This guy knows what he's doing.
I was bickering about this in language today. I maintain that the majority of indie bands are essentially the same. Other people don't.

But I seriously can't tell the difference between who sings what these days. I'm not very hip with new music.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Amalgam
Listen to this guy, he knows what he's talking about.

He's Spanish, but he has a Chinese philosopher's name.
And not only that, it's spelled wrong...

This guy knows what he's doing.

Is this some sort of recognition? Some sort of show of respect?

I could definitely respect the respect you have for me, but then I would be disrespecting those how have disrespect for me...

conundrum!
I don't see the problem here. You hate them because of popularity?
I don't get it. Do you have a need to be different just to be different?

Quote by Dinkydaisy
I was bickering about this in language today. I maintain that the majority of indie bands are essentially the same. Other people don't.

But I seriously can't tell the difference between who sings what these days. I'm not very hip with new music.

You could say that about every genre.
To be honest, I sort of get through indie bands in a similar fashion.
Who cares if they only last a month if that month is good?
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Quote by confusius
Is this some sort of recognition? Some sort of show of respect?

I could definitely respect the respect you have for me, but then I would be disrespecting those how have disrespect for me...

conundrum!

/sarcasmislost.
Quote by Joshrocker48
I don't see the problem here. You hate them because of popularity?
I don't get it. Do you have a need to be different just to be different?

I hate the because there boring, derivative and they get 15 minutes of fame before being pushed away.
Quote by tanglewoodguit
Indie Bands hate you.

only in soviet russia
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
He means to say they're sellouts, without ever having.. sold.. in?
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Blow Me
Better yet, live in North Carolina...we have so many piss-poor metalcore/screamo bands it's mind-boggling. And what's worse is I like metalcore...but this state is ruining it for me...

Where at in North Carolina?

I'm from Asheville and all I ever hear is really piss-poor countrys wannabes. Alesana is about the only screamo band I can think of from NC and they're actually good.
Quote by Acidshred
I hate the because there boring, derivative and they get 15 minutes of fame before being pushed away.

Eh, not everyone has the same music tastes as you do, which is what makes music interesting. They can like it, and you don't have to. I just don't care what people listen to. I don't live in Britain but I have heard NME is usually not a "good" music magazine?
Quote by Ichimaru
He means to say they're sellouts, without ever having.. sold.. in?

No it's just over hyped pop.
Quote by Joshrocker48
Eh, not everyone has the same music tastes as you do, which is what makes music interesting. They can like it, and you don't have to. I just don't care what people listen to. I don't live in Britain but I have heard NME is usually not a "good" music magazine?

NME used to be a very credible weekly, but recently it has become somewhat dumb, glorifying the most exasperating bands, and glorifying them week after week after week. Also they seem to be convinced the Libertines were the second coming of Jesus.
derp

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

*sigh*

No one cares, stfu, and close this piece of crap

EDIT: Look beyond the mainstream for music if you don't like what's played on regular music channels/stations. It ain't that difficult

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
"All this 80's indie, sounds like **** to me, cause I don't like joy division, I don't like morrissey."

Reuben FTW

I'm just getting fed up of hearing the same jangley slightly off beat guitar with a heavily accented singer every time i turn on the TV or radio.
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
*sigh*

No one cares, stfu, and close this piece of crap

EDIT: Look beyond the mainstream for music if you don't like what's played on regular music channels/stations. It ain't that difficult

That point I do, It's just know one else seems to.
P.s If you don't care why are you posting.?
Quote by kaptink
You probably mean all these bands NME label "indie" because they are too stuck up to refer to them as pop or pop-rock.

The only redeeming feature of NME is they've been championing Gallows who can be pretty sweet.

The Gallows are bollocks. And they ruined a song by The Ruts. The bastards.

And on topic, I like a lot of indie. It's what I was into before I got into punk. And I wouldn't have got into punk if I hadn't got into indie
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Yeah, Gallows blow hard.
derp

Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by confusius
Which has been here since the beginning of time...

Next! **** you amalgam!

<3

Yeah, I have to say Neutral Milk Hotel is an amazing Indie band that is completely non-mainstream since they don't exist any more.
all current mainstream indie bands sound like Franz Ferdinand, The Libertines, The Arctic Monkeys or a combination of the three, now those three bands, in my opinion, are good but the remakes are not. NME do what they do to sell magizines. I don't like it so I don't read it, I can't understand why you care what they print if you don't read it.

Edit: I didn't mean every indie band I meant the NME indie ones
If you have something in you sig about how bad rap music is or quotes from other users saying how great you are, chances are I don't care for you as a person.
Last edited by matthuman at Nov 9, 2007,