Ive been looking at this this for a while and i have a couple questions;

First, how good is this guitar's overall quality. I write mostly modern/hard rock to maybe lighter metal. I would like comments based on experience not just hearing about it from your friend's friend's mom etc. I currently play an epiphone LP standard with seymour duncans and the sound is a little too muddy and not trebly enough. (it could be my amp, i only have a crate GT1200H half stack and if you're feeling especially helpful you could reccomend a new amp!)

Second, Im not going to be using the floyd rose too excessively, but i would like a guitar with a whammy bar. Also, 1-10, how difficult are all aspects of the floyd rose. (On a noobish side note, about how long will the EMG's take to drain a 9 volt?)

Or, you could recommend a totally different guitar, im open to suggestions

Thanks
Obligatory Gear List
Ibanez S2170SE Prestige
Epi LP Std w/ SDs
Morley Bad Horsie
Mesa Stiletto ACE 2x12
EHX Small Clone
Line 6 DL4
ISP Decimator
Guild Acoustic
My Band
My Youtube Channel
the quality i give a 9/10 overall, the floyd rose will take some getting use to, the emgs would sound the best only through a nice tube amp (such as my mesa, or a peavey), the batteries would last roughly like 3 months as a guess if you play a couple hours a day (just a guess, not 100% sure). bout as much as i can offer
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
You will probably learn to love the floyd rose once you get used to it (except for the amount of time it takes to change strings....that sucks). But I have an LTD with EMG's and I've replaced my batteries twice since Christmas...I play about 45 minutes a day....so the battery life is really good and they sound amazing.
excellent guitar. i have the non FR one but i did have a guitar with a floyd. the learning curve isnt that bad and once you get used to it its really cool. yes a tube amp will sound better but you should notice more cut in your sound. overall a 9/10 on all fronts. the only thing i can fault on the guitar is the black chrome hardware. it looks really cool but it gets dirty real easy and is a pain to clean. thats it though.
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
ive had mine for about a month now and im completely used to the FR. i honestly dont know how i lived without it. the overall quality of the guitar was a 9/10 at least. it was set up perfectly and it played nice straight out of the box it came in. mine was special ordered so i didnt have to worry about anyone messing with it before me.

I say if you want something close to an ESP style guitar (Horizon style body, EMG, FR) then this is a good buy. besides, what other guitar for less than a grand has Grovers EMGs and an OFR?
Quote by Zach
I'm gonna make a poster of my pinky finger that says in big bold letters on the bottom 'USE IT'
Quote by Switch
I was not expecting him to have a ferret skilled in nuclear weaponry
Quote by We Remain
Ive been looking at this this for a while and i have a couple questions;

First, how good is this guitar's overall quality. I write mostly modern/hard rock to maybe lighter metal. I would like comments based on experience not just hearing about it from your friend's friend's mom etc. I currently play an epiphone LP standard with seymour duncans and the sound is a little too muddy and not trebly enough. (it could be my amp, i only have a crate GT1200H half stack and if you're feeling especially helpful you could reccomend a new amp!)

Second, Im not going to be using the floyd rose too excessively, but i would like a guitar with a whammy bar. Also, 1-10, how difficult are all aspects of the floyd rose. (On a noobish side note, about how long will the EMG's take to drain a 9 volt?)

Or, you could recommend a totally different guitar, im open to suggestions

Thanks

The hellraisers I've played were pretty much flawless. Fretwork was great, paintjob well done, etc.

The EMGs will last you a long time. Just make sure to unplug the guitar when you don't play. You should be good for at least 6 months. I play hours every day, and I've had the same battery in my EMG81/85 guitar for 6 months now.

The FR takes some getting used to, but only some. You won't even notice it anymore after a while.

As for an amp, the emg pickups in the hellraiser don't sound that great through a SS amp. I would suggest you get a tube amp if you want to go EMGs. I love my B-52 AT 112. Peavey 5150/6150, Carvin V3, Mesas are all very good amps as well.

Hope I helped
WTLTL 2011
You won't get the greatest cleans out of it, but other than that it's amazing. The batteries will last a long time, over a year most likely.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
i didn't really like it to be honest, and the floyd rose pissed me off because it scraped my hand every time i strummed.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
I really like my Hellraiser, the tones great. Really good for metal and heavy things. The batterys usually last me a few months and I play from anywhere from 3 to 6 hours everyday. You just need to make sure to unplug the guitar after your done. A good amp will definently help, but it all depends on what you play.

The only negative about the guitar is it has a big neck, but you get used to it after awhile.

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

I've heard nothing but positive stuff about that guitar. I've played one at GC, I wasn't one for the tone due to my musical tastes...but if you're a metalhead I'd assume it would squeal your socks off.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I've heard nothing but positive stuff about that guitar. I've played one at GC, I wasn't one for the tone due to my musical tastes...but if you're a metalhead I'd assume it would squeal your socks off.
yeah. meal is about all it can do really well. i get away with nice deep cleans, but it doesnt compare to strats are teles in that department. it was made to shred.
Quote by Zach
I'm gonna make a poster of my pinky finger that says in big bold letters on the bottom 'USE IT'
Quote by Switch
I was not expecting him to have a ferret skilled in nuclear weaponry
I just got one of these last month, and I love it. It was set up perfectly, and I got used to the floyd rose pretty quickly. The pickups are great too. They do the metal thing well, but they also do a pretty good clean, although you might get a little distortion. The tremolo is awesome, but you have to get used to it. Once you're not afraid to really wail on it, you can get the harmonic squeals and all the cool effects.

I haven't tried to change the strings yet, but from what I see it doesn't look too hard if you change the strings one by one. Besides, if you screw it up, you can always take it to guitar center and have them help.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR / Fender American Strat
Boss GT-8 Effects Processor
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Peavey JSX 212