I was downloading something and when it was finished I found out it was an unknown file type (I hate this..) and it's a .flac; I'm not sure how to convert it or how to open it (is it safe to open?) I want to make it a .mp3 file to store on my ipod. thanks yo.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by nightraven
It's a music format, lossless, best quality there is but you need to convert it, google a converter.

You can play it without compression in VLC media player.
Follow me on instagram @createdaily
Very good quality music file. They irritate me to be honest.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by tr3nt
I was downloading something and when it was finished I found out it was an unknown file type (I hate this..) and it's a .flac; I'm not sure how to convert it or how to open it (is it safe to open?) I want to make it a .mp3 file to store on my ipod. thanks yo.

Doesn't have to be mp3 to store on your iPod.... Oh, but of course, you want to actually listen to it, but iTunes denies you that right because Apple hates all that is free (Free Lossless Audio Codec).

Put rockbox on your iPod and start using it to its potential. Or convert the flac to mp3 and lose all the high and low frequencies.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
Doesn't have to be mp3 to store on your iPod.... Oh, but of course, you want to actually listen to it, but iTunes denies you that right because Apple hates all that is free (Free Lossless Audio Codec).

Put rockbox on your iPod and start using it to its potential. Or convert the flac to mp3 and lose all the high and low frequencies.

I love die hard open source people.
Oh Shit!
if .flac is the best audio file type, what can i use to play it?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by catchy phrase
I love die hard open source people.

I prefer the term fanatic, but I'll take the compliment.

Quote by tr3nt
if .flac is the best audio file type, what can i use to play it?

Well, flac is an open-source codec, so no proprietary software is going to play it unless they have an open-source plugin base. Winamp can play them with the proper plugin, VLC player can as mentioned above, and any music player for linux can do it.

When it comes to portable devices, the only way you can play flacs is using open-source firmware, like Rockbox, which runs on all ipods except the really new ones.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Last edited by Muphin at Nov 9, 2007,