Only heard about this today, apparently they're supposed to be flooding the market and replacing paper tea bags in the near future. Sounds really boring, but nylon tea bags arn't biodigradable, this being a blatently stupid idea for a product sold by the hundred, in an age where we're supposed to be saving the planet.
Opinions?

There's an article about it here (quite one sided)
That was a rare post..

My band on:myspace facebook UG
Leeds '07 '08 '09!
I don't know the answer, or have anything funny to say, but dude that is one sweet Bulbasaur avatar
*Shrugs*
Doesn't matter. They say if we stop everything that causes global warming right this second, we'd still be doomed.
Oh noes!
Quote by xxtrigger
*Shrugs*
Doesn't matter. They say if we stop everything that causes global warming right this second, we'd still be doomed.

They also said that spinach causes cancer.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Hmm I think that's silly. But as long as it doesn't spoil the taste I'm not hugely bothered... I love tea.
global ****ing warming has been happening for years its just now people give a **** and embelish it. people who say its a scam are ill informed and people who say were doomed in the next 20 years are ****ed in the head. yes it will happen but not in our generation or most likley our childrens generation. their kids are ****ed though
(signature removed, please choose another)
Wouldn't this be much more expensive?
x4 more expensive if I'm not mistaken, something like 8p for one bag
That was a rare post..

My band on:myspace facebook UG
Leeds '07 '08 '09!
I don't know the answer, or have anything funny to say, but dude that is one sweet Bulbasaur avatar
Yeah, Lipton Gold already comes in Nylon Bags here.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
It's a conspiracy to make the British look like the bad guys polluting the planet with non-biodegradeable materials.
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
Martin Isark, author of the Supermarket Own Brand Guide, claimed that some cheap varieties are little more than dust and powder stuffed into a teabag.

I smell BS....

"Approximately 40 per cent of the nation's fluid intake today will be tea and nearly all of that will be from teabags."

Do you brits really drink that much tea?

I smell ****ty nylon teabag landfills...
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
i cant remember, does nylon come from petroleum, or petroleum byproducts? cause if so thats not helping our oil prices...
ehh
Quote by skaguitarist53
i cant remember, does nylon come from petroleum, or petroleum byproducts? cause if so thats not helping our oil prices...

Coal, water and air, apparently.
Sounds like a stupid idea to me, as said, with the current trend of going all green.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
You'd think we'd be making progress.

This clearly isn't.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .