Yeah
waht are some of the best
like the ones you basically have to know?
and one that fit good into a chord pattern
*Guitars*

Fender Standard Strat

Ibanez DT155

Ibanez RG2EX1

*Amps*

Peavey Classic 50

*Effects*

Boss MT2 Metal Zone

Danelectro Fab Chorus

Danelectro Fab Flanger
If you are going into jazz guitar, learn your movable 7th chords. I have only been playing guitar for a year and a few months, and I got into the jazz band at school this year; beating a kid who has been playing for 3 years. But I take lessons and don't know if he does or not. Also learn how to read music (tabs aren't good when you need to sight read a piece that has never been tabbed out).
So yea, learn major 7ths, dominant 7ths, and minor 7ths. There are two shapes you can play for each of those depending on the chord you want. For example, any F chord can be played on the first fret of the E string, or the 8th fret of the A string. Learn how to switch between those shapes so you don't need to go from first fret F to 10th fret D on the E string only.
My Gear:
Gibson ES-335 (Dot)
ESP LTD MH-100QMNT
Spider III 75W
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Crybaby Wah
Epi Valve Junior Half stack
DS-1
Line 6 Floor Pod (FOR SALE!!!)
i like 6/9 chords, just because of the name.

E--x--
A--5--
D--4--
G--4--
B--5--
e--5--

thats movable and the root is on a
I believe in Rock and Roll. Can I get an Amen?

Quote by rizo299
A drunk guy on the the bus asked me if i remembered the 60's. I told him i was 17 then he told me that everyone remembers the 60's.

I thought about it, and frankly, I couldn't fault his logic.
Well i know like 9ths and thats a pretty funky
im not sure
everytime i start to connect chords they dont sound right
any hewlp with that?
*Guitars*

Fender Standard Strat

Ibanez DT155

Ibanez RG2EX1

*Amps*

Peavey Classic 50

*Effects*

Boss MT2 Metal Zone

Danelectro Fab Chorus

Danelectro Fab Flanger
Quote by Khoshaba
Well i know like 9ths and thats a pretty funky
im not sure
everytime i start to connect chords they dont sound right
any hewlp with that?

Like ratzgame said.. learn the movable 7th chord voicings. From those you can learn the upper extensions like 9ths and 13s.... and they will be movable / connectable just like the 7ths are.

BTW 13ths can be pretty funky as well. actually 7ths can 2. Its not so much about funky chords as much as it is about funky rythem techniques. even a major triad can be funky if played that way in an appropriate setting.