so my local pawn shop has an ibanez s470 for 200$ with an amp, one thing before i buy it , How do i find out if the neck is warped or if the trus rod needs a re-adjustment??
I think you can get a good idea by just holding the guitar level and looking straight down the neck at eye level. Any visible bending and you have to be careful. Beautiful guitar though. Grab it if it's good!
Quote by 7DaySkeptic
I think you can get a good idea by just holding the guitar level and looking straight down the neck at eye level. Any visible bending and you have to be careful. Beautiful guitar though. Grab it if it's good!

ya i played it and the action got higher as it got closer to the bridge, does this mean the necks bent or does the action neeed adjustment??
^^ unless it is MAJORLY bowing in or back, it can be fixed
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Custom ESP Explorer (in the making!)
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop Crybaby, Deltalab Md-1, rd 1, Morley optical Volume
Check the ZR trem. If you look at it it should be PERFECTLY LEVEL if it's set up right. It's quite hard to explain in words. If the strings are locked down right at the nut and the bridge is perfectly level, I don't think it could be anything else but the neck

This might make no sense, I'll keep looking for this diagram.

SKEPTEDIT: Here, at post #5 http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48897

(I hope that doesn't count as advertising, cos I don't mean it to be)
Last edited by 7DaySkeptic at Nov 9, 2007,
many many people sell ibanez necks on ebay, if this one is too warped to be repaired