so i've got a question for you people in the pit. i've known this girl for about 7 years, she's pretty much been my best friend for about 4 years now....even dated her for a couple months but she ended it cause she's going into the air force. well i miss her like crazy and i want to go see her, thing is she lives in california and i'm in illinois..long story how i met her. anyway i'm considering a roadtrip to see her one last time before she goes into the air force. you guys think this is a good idea?
Do it! I love spontaneous trips like that. Just get up one day and say "Im going to California"
last time i took a random trip i went to new york...was fun and for a totally different reason
Hell yeah. show up looking like GG Allin.
the ladies love when i gyrate my ass in front of a graveyard
Why not? Roadtrips DO kick ass. Especially with a purpose!
Quote by PT 2 DOOR RULE
If I have bad creepy dreams tonight, your ass is toast Still Life

Quote by skeptopotamus
Dream Sexy...dream Still Life...

Last.fm runs my life
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Make a movie as you go! And mention UG!!! we need advertising so we can afford those t-shirts!

yea a movie will be made for sure if i go, shenanigans are bound to happen
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Make a movie as you go! And mention UG!!! we need advertising so we can afford those t-shirts!

He needs to make a documentary first, then secure the film rights, then make a Hollywood film that has a modest opening weekend, but ultimately makes up for it with DVD sales and a massive cult following.

Also, make sure that you play "Going to California" by Zeppelin on constant rotation.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Go.
I believe in Rock and Roll. Can I get an Amen?

Quote by rizo299
A drunk guy on the the bus asked me if i remembered the 60's. I told him i was 17 then he told me that everyone remembers the 60's.

I thought about it, and frankly, I couldn't fault his logic.
1. Read "On the Road" by Jack Kerouac
2. Listen to the Eagles, Led Zeppelin, Journey, Foghat and Steve Miller Band the entire way.
3. Pin her down in her apartment while she moans and says "Oh god I want you".

cut scene to Hotdog being put in Bun
sounds like the plot of "Borat" to me...
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Have a kick ass road trip, blow up the badguys and get the girl? Sounds like a plan!
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Do it! If you really love her, you should tell her face to face. Plus she's your best friend, and she'd probably love to see you.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by inhatredofme
haha, what bad guys?

Neo-Nazis? Terrorists? Serial Killers? Who knows what dangers await you on the open road! The world is your oyster!

Hell, the bad guys might even be oysters. Which would kinda rock.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Gunpowder
Neo-Nazis? Terrorists? Serial Killers? Who knows what dangers await you on the open road! The world is your oyster!

always kinda felt the sea (or something from the sea) would try to kill me.
Dude, it's quite obvious who the villian in this epic tale is. Your in California....what's in California that you would consider "evil?"
Quote by Gunpowder

Goomba's!
According to every movie ever made about road trips it will go something like this...

Your car will break down in hick country and you will need to do something very weird to get the guy to fix it. You will meet a pothead who will steal your money after letting you get high and passing outon the side of the road. You will walk many miles before being picked up by either A) car load of sorority girls also on a road trip to california, or B) a very loney trucker going to Idaho. Either way either way you will end up at a rest stop in northern California.
You will steal a truck and go to your friends home only to find that she already left for the Air Force. You will go down backroads and sidewalks almost killing some people while being chased by the cops. You will make it just as shes stepping onto the bus, she will run into your arms (considering she remembers you) and there will be a multi-camera-angle-shot of you two making out for at least 30 seconds. You will intern say "I will always love you!" and just as she's about to say the same her new sergeant kicks you in the nuts and you are drug away by MP's.
That pothead then will bail you out of jail AND give you a ride with his hippy friends back to your house.

Ya thats basically what will happen.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX