I just recieved my Jackson RR3 Pro Guitar and have a quick question, i know it has a Jackson low-profile double-locking Floyd licensed tremolo, so does it still have to go through the tuning procedure of a normal floyd rose?

The fine tuners (if thats what they are) are a little confusing to me, can anyone help me? and I'd like help, not people saying 'Floyd Roses Suck!" You wanna do that, make a topic yourself.

-thanks

P.S. heres a link to the one I have, in case you need a pic/specs.

Jackson RR3
Last edited by ArcanaFang at Nov 9, 2007,
All Licensed Floyd Roses have to go through the same procedures as the original ones, and the only real difference with the Jackson LFR is the name on it.

I'm not real sure what trouble you are having with the fine tuners, but just know that they are meant to precisely tune the guitar after you lock the nut or if it happens to go out of tune later on.
If you can give me some way of IMing you, I'll walk you through how to do anythign with your LFR tremolo.

And yes, it has to go through the normal tuning procedures of a normal FR tremolo. Essentially, all floating tremolos have to.

EDIT: The link didn't work for me either.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
Yes, its still a Floyd rose, just a licensed Jackson version, so you still have to go through the process of balancing it, locking it and fine tuning it.

Once the guitar is in tune and the tremelo is parallel to the body of your guitar, or as close as possible you lock the locking nuts at the top and then use the fine tuners at the bottom of the tremelo to get it in perfect tune.

And make sure whenever you tune your guitar up and undo the locking nut at the top, to put the fine tuners in the middle position, by letting them out, or moving them in.

I think there is a sticky about this, so i would look at that to get a better idea.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Jackson DXMG
ENGL Fireball E635 100
Peavey JSX
Orange 4x12
G-Major
BBE Green Screamer
Quote by ArcanaFang
fixed the link and thanks, ill PM you my IM

Or you can look in my profile and find mine.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal