bc rich, i own a bc rich nt warlock and its gotta be the best guitar ive ever played. check out the specs: http://www.bcrich.com/warlock_nt.html
you cant get a better guitar for 600 bucks. ive even played some low end bc rich guitars and they were decent. why does everyone seem to hate them, and give and explanation not just something like "they suck"
ive played two BC riches before and both times I've been apalled at the worksmanship and quality of the guitars, the pickups were terrible sounding even through a marshall valvestate and the feel of the neck was shocking. sorry but "they suck" they may look freakin sweet but most suck. Now a mockingbird I'd be keen to try but the others suck
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
I don't bag on them cause I never played one......wait... yeah I did but it was my friends,His BC Rich sucks,I don't like it.The tones sucks,the frets sucks,I just don't like this.BC rich is a good company but it is just there lower end models suck IMO.I just hate warlocks cause to me they are the most overplayed guitars ever,like the design is just so "look at me ,I'm bad ass,I can play smoke on water!!"
Last edited by Mr.Satan at Nov 9, 2007,
Quote by druz15_UG
ive played two BC riches before and both times I've been apalled at the worksmanship and quality of the guitars, the pickups were terrible sounding even through a marshall valvestate and the feel of the neck was shocking. sorry but "they suck" they may look freakin sweet but most suck. Now a mockingbird I'd be keen to try but the others suck

Quoted for truth.

The only decent BC Rich guitars are the really really expensive ones. Try ESP or Jackson instead.
the NT series are amazing guitars, as is the BC Rich Warbeast. the mockingbirds are awesome as well.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
The tones sucks,the frets sucks

exactly my friend
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by postmortem2006
Try ESP or Jackson instead.

ummm dude...hes talking about something he already owns.....

but yea, you might have gotten lucky dude, i've tried out the exotic series, adn i rly liked it, beautiful guitar. and the NT series also had very good reviews, but alot of there other guitars dont have such great reviews.

bc rich does make some rly awesome 400-600$ guitars, but only in certain series. well thats what i foudn from reading reviews at least....which dont mean anything
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by david1991
bc rich, i own a bc rich nt warlock and its gotta be the best guitar ive ever played. check out the specs: http://www.bcrich.com/warlock_nt.html
you cant get a better guitar for 600 bucks. ive even played some low end bc rich guitars and they were decent. why does everyone seem to hate them, and give and explanation not just something like "they suck"

Dude by the looks of it,you haven't play much guitars..if you think a BC Rich is the best guitar for $600.
The new ones really seem to be making up for it, £449 I think it is for an "assasin" on GAK, rockfield pickups (meant to be good, havent heard them myself) and an original floyd rose. For £449 on a BC rich that's pretty good, the body is basswood too I think so no agathis, they seem to be stepping up, and if they go back to their 80s ways, I'll be wantin' some O' that.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
The new ones really seem to be making up for it, £449 I think it is for an "assasin" on GAK, rockfield pickups (meant to be good, havent heard them myself) and an original floyd rose. For £449 on a BC rich that's pretty good, the body is basswood too I think so no agathis, they seem to be stepping up, and if they go back to their 80s ways, I'll be wantin' some O' that.

I reckon agathis and basswood is appalling. I go for Alder or mahogany myself.
Yeah but if you look at Ibanez, mine was £300 and has a ZR tremolo which has never messed me about in the time I've had it, and there are guitars such as the washburn, about £400 for an X40 pro, schaller floyd rose, seymour duncan pickups I believe, then theres the X50 with either EMGs or SDs for a small amount. It's a good deal but not the best.
Quote by postmortem2006
I reckon agathis and basswood is appalling. I go for Alder or mahogany myself.

Yeah I'm an alder man (which is weird, I use mahogany right now, meah love it.) but basswood is still a great tonewood, look at Joe Satriani's tone, he uses basswood, so does John Petrucci, and Steve Vai's "mojo" (mirror guitar with blue LEDs in the fretboard) is basswood, and even his "flo" (secondary guitar, with the sustainer) is said to be basswood as it used to be one of the floral JEMs just painted white and the floral ones were basswood. Basswood is a great tonewood, you can't deny it, it's the bridge between alder and mahogany.
Quote by Mr.Satan
Dude by the looks of it,you haven't play much guitars..if you think a BC Rich is the best guitar for $600.

I have played alot of guitars, ive played some 100 dollar guitars and some 2000 dollar custom jobs, give me the names of some neck thru guitars with a floyd and 24 frets. for 600 dollars its the best guitar ive seen.
Quote by david1991
I have played alot of guitars, ive played some 100 dollar guitars and some 2000 dollar custom jobs, give me the names of some neck thru guitars with a floyd and 24 frets. for 600 dollars its the best guitar ive seen.

wa?
its cuz the bassist in dragonforce uses a b.c rich.... thats the reason
myspace.com/nivek88

~I will eventually troll the forum that your obsessed with~
A few comments:
Druz--I wouldn't base how good a pickup is based on a Marshall AVT....they aren't that great of amps. From what I've seen, at least 75% of UG would steer people away from them--myself included.

Also, to all the people who are saying HAHAHAH You think its the best $600 guitar!--How about instead of ripping on him for his preference you suggest some other models you like for $600.

Tonewood is subjective--some people like basswood, mahogany, maple, alder, ash, etc. and other people don't.

Also, which BC Riches, a lot of people say the company suck, when it is more the model. Other people are saying "Warlocks suck" and things like that. The quality doesn't come from body shape, it comes from the series.

Now. I've never played a USA BC Rich, but I have one in the process of being shipped to my house (in my sig), but I'll let you know how it is. I have an old NJ Warlock, which, once I put some EMG's in it, actually sounds really good. I know a lot of people don't like EMG's, but it works for this guitar. My other two guitars have Dimarzios, and duncans, so I'm not like OMG, EMG's are the best--on this guitar they work though. Also, the Warlock actually has quite good upper fret access (unless they've altered it since when mine is from.

Finally, again--don't bag on a company due to some of their stuff. People don't say Marshall sucks even though the MG's do (although I know they are park amps, and I find them acceptable when used as practice amps--the small models). People say line 6 sucks because the spiders do (honestly, I think they are fine for beginner or practice amps--a 150 watt fullstack...no...), when from what I've heard from people, the Vetta and HD147 are very good.

Just my 2¢
TS if you like it, and its what makes you happy to hell with what anyone says. That said opinions are subjective, so don't go saying "This is the best and yours sucks" as its taste. I think the Jackson DK2M is the best guitar around $600, but someone else may prefer a Schecter.
Quote by TheShred201
A few comments:
Druz--I wouldn't base how good a pickup is based on a Marshall AVT....they aren't that great of amps. From what I've seen, at least 75% of UG would steer people away from them--myself included.

Also, to all the people who are saying HAHAHAH You think its the best $600 guitar!--How about instead of ripping on him for his preference you suggest some other models you like for $600.

Tonewood is subjective--some people like basswood, mahogany, maple, alder, ash, etc. and other people don't.

Also, which BC Riches, a lot of people say the company suck, when it is more the model. Other people are saying "Warlocks suck" and things like that. The quality doesn't come from body shape, it comes from the series.

Now. I've never played a USA BC Rich, but I have one in the process of being shipped to my house (in my sig), but I'll let you know how it is. I have an old NJ Warlock, which, once I put some EMG's in it, actually sounds really good. I know a lot of people don't like EMG's, but it works for this guitar. My other two guitars have Dimarzios, and duncans, so I'm not like OMG, EMG's are the best--on this guitar they work though. Also, the Warlock actually has quite good upper fret access (unless they've altered it since when mine is from.

Finally, again--don't bag on a company due to some of their stuff. People don't say Marshall sucks even though the MG's do (although I know they are park amps, and I find them acceptable when used as practice amps--the small models). People say line 6 sucks because the spiders do (honestly, I think they are fine for beginner or practice amps--a 150 watt fullstack...no...), when from what I've heard from people, the Vetta and HD147 are very good.

Just my 2¢

Just what i was thinking lol.
I have a BC Rich Zombie. I am desperately trying to get rid of it. I hate everything about it. The tone, the feel, just everything.
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal